Support

Open search

S20 not charging

Highlighted
First Poster

Hi,

It seems the S20 has the same issue as the S20 Ultra.

It charges fine on the original charger + it's cable hooked up on a laptop.

However, it does not charge in the car with a cable which charged an S9 and S10 perfectly.

Also an old samsung charger does not charge the phone when plugged in, turning the connector 180degrees, and it charges (but slow).

I have tried to start up in safe mode, and charge than, but it doesn't work.

Is samsung working on a software update to solve this issue? And have have the S20s just charge with all chargers?

For now, I don't see an option how to charge the phone in the car.

Thanks in advance,

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Navigator

Hi, I have a S20 plus, and just checked a couple of cable's in my car. My old cable from my old Nexus 6p shows a message to say check connections I then tried an Ankder USB cable and it charged in the car fine. I suggest try some different cable's, see if that works for you.

Cheers.

Woody.

Highlighted
Pathfinder
100% here for me with my Ultra. I still have charger from my S9+ and my S7 Edge and I have the similar problem like you. Only charger from S20 Ultra properly charging my phone. 😞
Highlighted

But that's what I mean.. On S9 and S10 all kind of cables and chargers worked; slow or fast doesn't matter..it worked.

Now with the S20, it seems very difficult and more people are experiencing this. 

I can't use the orifinal cable in my Volkswagen passat 2020 model, because there is no USB-C connection.

Highlighted
First Poster

Is here someone from Samsung who can confirm they are going to include this change for being suitable for more chargers/cables in next sofware update?

Highlighted

I have the same issues. Original Samsung cable + either my laptop or car charger charges SUPER slow. 

Only when using original charger it charges fast. 

Highlighted
same issue, my s20 won't charge in the car, on a note 8 cable and a brand new fast charging cable. only charges properly on the plug in the house. not good when going on long journeys in the car using the Google maps as the battery obviously just drains
Highlighted
Apprentice

I have the same problem as the others above. No old samsung usb type-c chargers work on my note 20 ultra phone, only the short cord and plug from the box

Highlighted
Apprentice

After posting here for, help and nothing worked, this is how I was finally able to use old chargers with Note 20 ULTRA settings > device care > battery > charging > turn off all toggles 

Highlighted

Not worked for me. When using S10 I can charge with same cable on pc, slow charge (as I want) about 4h, but with s20 I get the message "Check your connection" always and it says 17h to full.. 😒 I really wish to not need a charger in my work, with all that usb available.

Top Liked Authors