Support

Open search

S20+ issues with changing alarm / ringtones

Highlighted
Apprentice

Got everything copied over from my old phone, the only issue im having is trying to add my own ringtones / alarm sounds.  Everytime I hit the add button it tells me I have to go into the settings on my phone to give it permisson to add.  Yet I can't find anything in the settings that would allow permission to add them.

30 REPLIES 30
Highlighted

I am having the same issue! I've spent about 4 hours trying to figure it out.

Highlighted

Finally found a workaround for at least the alarms.  Copy the sound file you want and drop it into the alarms folder on internal storage.  Have a feeling that it'll be the same for ringtones.  Shouldn't be the solution though since hitting add should work 

Highlighted
Observer
Also having the same issue! 🙁
Highlighted
First Poster

Best way around this is to go into your Samsung music player, find the track you'd like to use as ringtone or alarm, click ... button at the top right, click set as, then chose alarm or ringtone, done. Hope this helps!

Highlighted
First Poster
  1. 1 Swipe up from the home screen to access your apps.
  2. 2 Tap Clock.
  3. 3 Tap Alarm.
  4. 4 Tap the alarm you want to change or tap the add icon to set a new one.
  5. 5 Tap Alarm sound.
  6. 6 Move the volume slider to adjust the volume.
  7. 7 Tap the back icon.
  8. 8 Tap Save.
Highlighted
First Poster

its the sound picker app that doesnt have permission go to settings then permission manager look for sound picker and give it permission for storage and it will work

Highlighted

Checked my sound picker app and my permission, its was/is turned on??? Still unable to get ringtones of my choosing on my phone.

Highlighted
How do you do that? I have a ringtone app, when I click on the sound I want it doesn't give me an option to copy it, just set it as a ringtone/notification/alarm, and when I do that it does transfer the name of the ringtone to my sounds but when I click on it the sound has been changed to one that was already preloaded on my phone from Samsung.
Highlighted

What worked for me was copying the sound from the external folder on my phone and then pasting it to the internal storage ringtone and alarm folder.  Otherwise I haven't found an easier solution yet.

Top Liked Authors