Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 FE not picking up old pay as you go sim - what do i do?

(Topic created on: 28-11-2020 11:08 AM)
Darren7
Apprentice
Options

I ordered a new pay as you go phone a week or so ago but my old pay as you go sim in my S8 doesn't seem to get picked up in the new phone. Is there a help video that can help me set it up? I know how to insert the SIM ok but it's not being recognised.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
if you ordered direct from Samsung then your phone won't be network locked... it will be sim free meaning its unlocked mate. need to do a process of elimination and see whats faulty or not working right. when you put your giffgaff sim back in the S8 does it still work? and can you try a family member or friend sim in your new S20 phone? cheers.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
What network is your SIM on ?
Which site have you ordered the phone ?
Is the phone "network locked" ?
0 Likes
Darren7
Apprentice
Options

My network is Giff Gaff and ordered it from samsung. No idea if it network locked or not. How do I do that?

0 Likes
DUMITRU79
Troubleshooter
Options
What is the message that shows up when you put in the SIM card ?
0 Likes
Solution
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
if you ordered direct from Samsung then your phone won't be network locked... it will be sim free meaning its unlocked mate. need to do a process of elimination and see whats faulty or not working right. when you put your giffgaff sim back in the S8 does it still work? and can you try a family member or friend sim in your new S20 phone? cheers.
0 Likes
Darren7
Apprentice
Options

Thanks guys