Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 5G setting notification sounds

(Topic created on: 04-07-2020 11:39 AM)
dw1975
First Poster
Options

Hello, is it possible to set individual sound notifications for different apps? I would like one sound for text messages and different sounds for certain email accounts etc? I have searched through the options menu and can only find the setting to have one sound for all notifications. Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
Mat_H
First Poster
Options

To change individual App notifications go to Settings > Apps > ( Select your App - Gmail ) >Notifications > then press Miscellaneous > Sound ( Change from default ) select a sound.

Yahoo select Notifications > and you can assign a different sound for each catagory such as Emails from people.

WhatsApp > Notifications > Message notifications > Sound

tntajalle1
Student
Options
EVERYONE!!! This totally worked!!!!! Thank you, I've been struggling trying to find it on my own, glad I came here! It was so annoying thinking someone was texting me but its just some random app!
0 Likes
tntajalle1
Student
Options
EVERYONE!!! This totally worked!!!!! Thank you, I've been struggling trying to find it on my own, glad I came here! It was so annoying thinking someone was texting me but its just some random app!
0 Likes
Cahworth
First Poster
Options

I have no "custom" folder?

0 Likes
Person1
First Poster
Options

The person wasn't clear enough. You have to add the sounds to the default folder first.

My files>internal storage>notifications

After you do that THEN the custom category will become available

0 Likes
PunkyDrewster
First Poster
Options

DJMac!!  THANK YOU!!!  I have been trying so hard to figure this out and you just made my day!!  This absolutely works.  I don't know why samsung seems to make everything so difficult.  Just when I thought all these answers couldn't get any stupider, you come along.... and TOTALLY REDEEM THIS THREAD.  Thank you thank you thank you

0 Likes
Sharkbrew
First Poster
Options

THIS WORKED!!!!  Listen to @MAT_H’s review 

0 Likes
Jpaigeb
First Poster
Options

Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Malaric
First Poster
Options

This doesn't work for me. Maybe it has changed again.

What does work though is to long press on notification on/off sliders to go into an advanced sub menu with options for sound and vibration and set custom sounds from there.  It doesn't wotk on all levels of notifications, but on enough of them to be able to set different sounds for different apps.

0 Likes
Klubear
First Poster
Options

Finally!!! I have looked everywhere and you have the answer! Thankyou! 

0 Likes