Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 5G setting notification sounds

(Topic created on: 20-05-2020 05:41 AM)
dw1975
First Poster
Options

Hello, is it possible to set individual sound notifications for different apps? I would like one sound for text messages and different sounds for certain email accounts etc? I have searched through the options menu and can only find the setting to have one sound for all notifications. Thanks

26 REPLIES 26
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try going into settings , apps, email , notifications, new emails , and tap on the sound option and choose your preffered sound.

It should be similar for messages etc too.

@dw1975 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

kafunk4
Journeyman
Options

This doesn't work.  Still looking for a way to change my notification sounds on individual apps.

ddb2k
Explorer
Options

I have spent the past month trying to work out why app sepcific notifications for apps like eBay, Sky News, Whatsapp and others are not sounding and are not available to select. The only options I have are the default Samsung notification sounds. Has anyone else found this to be a problem and managed to fix it?

0 Likes
kafunk4
Journeyman
Options

so the only solution I found was to completely Uninstall the app, then re-install it.  Seems that if you just copied everything from your old phone, it defaults all the notification sounds.  

Wynndo
First Poster
Options

The solution is to get an iPhone.  

Seriously, I spent the last 2 days trying to get my setting back in order after my NOTE 9 went bonker.  A factory reset got the operating system working again but the 1 sound notification is driving me crazy.   There is ABSOLUTELY no way to change the sound setting for your other apps ANYMORE.  This feature is not available as of May 19th.   

kafunk4
Journeyman
Options
I found that if you Uninstall an app, then re-install it, you'll get the notification sound that comes with the app.
EP99
First Poster
Options
How do you uninstall and reinstall the standard Samsung text app?

Regards!
Naman
Explorer
Options

0 Likes
DJMac
First Poster
Options

For Messages alert sound,
go to main SETTINGS > APPS > MESSAGES > NOTIFICATIONS > NEW MESSAGES > SOUND. You will notice various folders. "CUSTOM" is near the top. I wanted a certain sound not in the phone. I downloaded the mp3 sound into a folder that had one of the existing tone selections in CUSTOM. It showed up as a selection. Voila.