Support

Open search

S20 5g overheating.

Highlighted
Apprentice

Just received my S20 5G today. 

Battery life is awful, like 2 hours screen time, also the top left of the phone gets hot whilst performing minimal tasks. 

No games, just social media and WhatsApp. 

Noticed this is happening alot for people. Have Samsung acknowledged this or am I better of returning the unit? 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Your phone will still be in the initial setting up stage as you tweak it's settings and preferences and adjusts to your wants and needs etc.

But if your concerned then do please check any returns / cooling off period @Gee_fresh602 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted
Navigator
Hi, my S20 plus was absolutely awful at first. I was told it takes time to set up the battery, and can confirm mine is much much better a month on. I get a full day plus 30% left as well so just hang in there for a week or two, hopefully it will fix up.
Highlighted

Thanks pal. Did you have any heat issues at all? 

Highlighted

Yes, a little. Honestly I was a little underwhelmed when I first got it, wished I'd kept my P20 Pro!! After a few weeks, things got better, and these new phones are updated all the time to iron out these teething problems. I'm happy with it now, hopefully you will be too pal.

Highlighted
Haha I've upgraded from the same phone pal and I'm thinking exactly the same thing. I have a 14 day grace period so I'll see how it goes. Otherwise ill just grab the p40 pro
Highlighted

I got my S20 5G 3 days ago, terrible problem with heating. Hardly had 1 hr call and it is overheating badly

Highlighted
First Poster

Just purchased the S20 5G in France and I'm experiencing CHOCKING overheating and battery drain. The phone is constantly burning even with light use (Gmail only, all apps closed), and even with 'Medium Power Saving Mode' activated (5G off, 'Always on Display' off, CPU limited to 70%, FHD+ Screen resolution) and 60Hz refresh rate. Same with the battery - recharged all night, and 10 minutes after unplugging the charger battery drops from 100% to 90% in 15 minutes with NO use at all. I also tried to leave the S20 fully charged, on airplane mode, with all apps closed during the night : after 8 hours of sleep I wake up to a 95% battery. Regarding daily use, my battery drops to 0% in less than 2 hours Screen On Time, using only Instagram, Messenger and Google Maps. Always on 'Medium Power Saving', always on 60hz.

This is absolutely UNBELIEVABLE. What is the point of buying the latest technology when you find yourself using your phone like a Nokia 3310? Samsung, please tell us how to fix this terrible issue.

Highlighted

Update your phone , should solve your problem 

Top Liked Authors