Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pokemon Go and the Samsung S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 06:59 PM)
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

While this is primarily a Niantic issue, perhaps a gentle 'nudge' from Samsung might get their attention. All Samsung Galaxy Store versions of PoGo starting with 0.170.0 and subsequent updates 0.171.1 and 0.171.2 will freeze a few seconds after starting the game, from various Forum Threads around it seems to be just the S20 Ultra has this issue, i also have an S8+ and i even resurrected an old S7 Flat to test it and all updates are fine on them, luckily a forced update hasn't happened yet but when it comes looks like S20 Ultra players will be locked out, just to point out this also happens on the Google Play Store versions so ball is in Niantic's court.

Go to solution
154 REPLIES 154
Talion48
Apprentice
Options

Hi 

See this link. Is this you have to download. Then it works fine on my S20+. 

0 Likes
Ipw133
Explorer
Options
I think it's 0.169.3 not 196
OlivierS20plus
First Poster
Options
Doesn't work. After downloading the 169 version, I receive "Update to continue" and the problem starts all over again...
0 Likes
OlivierS20plus
First Poster
Options

Tried everything suggested. Still freezes...

0 Likes
OlivierS20plus
First Poster
Options
Downgrade to 169, worked for a few hours, then automatically upgraded to 171 and freezing again...
0 Likes
HWaut
First Poster
Options

Not working on my Galaxy S20  :shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

0 Likes
Ipw133
Explorer
Options
Looks like Niantic are doing all that they can to annoy us, and nothing to resolve the basic issue
0 Likes
Meobin07
First Poster
Options

Same happening here. So frustrated that both Niantic and SS did not do anything despite feedbacks for a week. Upset with both!

0 Likes
bluetantrum
Student
Options
turn off auto updates
0 Likes
frosta
First Poster
Options

Hi All here is the latest reply i have from Niantic received this morning 5th April 

Hi Trainer,

Thank you for writing in.

We are still investigating reports of crashes and freezes when using the app on a Samsung Galaxy S20 device. Thanks for your patience. You can use the link below for all the known issues related to Pokémon GO

https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/pokemon-go/?p=web&s=release-notes-known-issues&f=known-issues&l=en

0 Likes