Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Pokemon Go and the Samsung S20 Ultra

(Topic created on: 01-04-2020 06:59 PM)
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

While this is primarily a Niantic issue, perhaps a gentle 'nudge' from Samsung might get their attention. All Samsung Galaxy Store versions of PoGo starting with 0.170.0 and subsequent updates 0.171.1 and 0.171.2 will freeze a few seconds after starting the game, from various Forum Threads around it seems to be just the S20 Ultra has this issue, i also have an S8+ and i even resurrected an old S7 Flat to test it and all updates are fine on them, luckily a forced update hasn't happened yet but when it comes looks like S20 Ultra players will be locked out, just to point out this also happens on the Google Play Store versions so ball is in Niantic's court.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Slipmat
Explorer
Options

Finally, a working version and got it direct from the Galaxy Store, if you also need the Google Play Store version of 0.173.2 you can sideload the .apk by downloading it from here

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-173-2-release/pokemon-go-0-173-2-2...

View solution in context

154 REPLIES 154
Napsterek
First Poster
Options

same problem on s20+

Akf
First Poster
Options

same problems with s20 5g

patriciaalvim
First Poster
Options

same problem with S20+

Moleydee
First Poster
Options

Sammy S20 plus 5g also not working

bluetantrum
Student
Options

I have S20 5G and not working. Have submitted a bug report to Niantic. Very frustrating 😒 

SultanGhalil
Journeyman
Options

Same issue on the galaxy s20+ 5G like every one els is saying. I did download the 0.196.3 version and it's still playble. So if they not force updating it, it is all good.

zClaudioSW
Journeyman
Options

Having the same issue in my Galaxy S20 Plus. I've downloaded the Pokemon GO 0.169.3 apk and it's working well.

Zee-ali1
Journeyman
Options
Not been able to play for 5 days on my ultra
0 Likes
Talion48
Apprentice
Options

Hi.

Where did you download the 0.196.3 version? I don't find it. 

0 Likes