Support

Open search

Please urgent help

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi everyone
Please can someone help me? I use telegram and until today the instagram links on there were opening via Instagram app, today it started via Web page which is so difficult to control.
Can someone help me how to resolve and get this default to the app again? I will be so grateful
I contacted Samsung few times and they can't resolve the issue.

My instagram can't seem to default properly...  I'll be glad if anyone advises how to make it default to the app. 

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Navigator
in the same section tap on go to supported urls and select in this app. If that fails try the other app option.
Highlighted
Yes I clicked in there and that's what it comes as.
Highlighted
When I click on Instagram it comes with the the screenshot I sent before. See below please
Samsung made me reset system settings, android Web settings etc nothing helps and I can't seem to set instagram to be a default browser. That's so frustrating as I use this all the time.
Highlighted
I have selected it but then it still says none set as default... That's odd
Highlighted

@Pugs1957 wrote:
Select supported Web address and change the permissions

Try what @Pugs1957 offered about supported web address while on that page

default apps>opening links>instagram

If that doesn't work look for web view or Android webview and see if that's there in the default apps list

Highlighted
@Je655 the only android thing on default is this
Highlighted

Okay so let see if android webview is enabled or disabled on your device. Go into settings and you will find a search option on top, search webview and go to the apps info page and attempt to disable the app or see if there are defaults in the app that way. Screenshot_20200709-021408_Settings Suggestions.jpg

Screenshot_20200709-021223_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

If it is enabled and you cannot disable it re-enable chrome (you might want to make sure to update Chrome also) , then go into

Setting>developer options>webview implementation

You can set chrome as the default webview. 

And if this option doesn't fix your issue then I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, and hopefully someone with a definite answer will see your post. 

Screenshot_20200709-022234_Settings.jpg

20200709_024154.jpg

Highlighted
@Je655 I appreciate your help. Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work out. I disabled the android webview but then couldn't open anything so had to enable it. Not to worry - thank you.
Highlighted
Apprentice
@Je655 sorry I am unable to reply to the messge you sent me, not sure why. I can't even see in it in the app. The Telegram thing didn't work, it's already set up, I tried a different app and it's opening the instagram links still via webpage - so it's definitely the instagram defaults. Samsung told me to contact the developer - can't understand how they can't figure out to help me changing the defaults.
Top Liked Authors