Support

Open search

Phone on vibrate with one exception?

Highlighted

Is it possible to have my s20 on vibrate with an exception  of messages from one number which would have a tone? I don't want to use do not disturb as that would make everything else silent when I want all other notifications and calls to vibrate.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Explorer
hi within Android settings search for do not disturb, there is a section for allow exceptions, this will allow you to let a favourite number or a rule based number to bypass do not disturb
Highlighted
but like i said do not disturb will put everything on silent wont it?
Highlighted

@Orius81: Yes, that's right. You can allow exceptions via Do Not Disturb, but all other calls and messages would be muted. 

Highlighted
is there no way for all other calls to be on the vibrate function?
Highlighted

@Orius81: Sadly not. As a potential workaround, you could place the phone on Vibrate via the Quick Panel, then head to Contacts > Select the relevant contact > Edit > View More > Vibration Pattern, and change this to something unique that helps you identify the caller over your other contacts. This way you can keep the phone on vibrate for all other callers, but will be aware when the single contact reaches out.

Highlighted
will that call pattern be the same for messages as thats what i really need it for or just calls?
Highlighted

If you set a custom Vibration Pattern for a contact via the steps above, then the pattern will be the same for calls and texts from that contact. 

Top Liked Authors