Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mute linked to volume slider

(Topic created on: 08-03-2020 11:39 AM)
bowenarrow
Apprentice
Options

Hi, just wondering if there is a way to have mute linked to my volume slider. With my previous pixel 2, I could take the volume to vibrate only, then I would press again and it would enter mute. Mute is an option but only if I go to settings-sounds and vibrations then it is there as a check option. Just very convent of I don't want sound or vibration. Thanks. 

Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
Members_qDUB416
Student
Options

I do not understand why this thread is marked as "solved". We still cannot mute using the volume slider.

Why not give those that want to mute with the volume slider at least the options to do? You can have an option in the settings such as "Allow mute with volume slider".

There is no good reason for the developers to push that they think is a good UI on us. Give your customers the option to choose what they want!

DavidJ13
First Poster
Options

How is this not a standard feature? 

Every day I find more and more things that other brands have as standard but Samsung dont

Alans63
Pioneer
Options

Yes I agree. Plus why couldn't give you a option to change the slider and it's very hard to tap when your fingers don't work right. Should give you option classic  or new ! Can't use phone volume

samplethief
First Poster
Options
This needs to be reopened and added to One UI ASAP. I'm using a third party app for this called volume styles (in the Google play store) but it makes no sense as to why Samsung removed it from android in the first place.
0 Likes
BEYoungJr
Student
Options

Just got my Note20, replacing my Note4!

This rocker issue needs truly solved!  All of my Galxy phones have been able to reduce volume on the slider to first vibrate, then mute.  that ability is now gon.  Also, the slider does not even drop all of the master volume.  When I use the slider to drop volume at the home screen I still get full volume notifications.  Can't believe I have to mute on the swipe down panel or adjust notification volume independently!

Give us back the slider functionality ASAP!

0 Likes
bowenarrow
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, they should just put it back. It just feels bad not having it. Their answer was accidentally going into mute was a problem. Do they actually have any data saying this was a problem for people or are they just using this as their answer without even knowing. 

0 Likes