Support

Open search

Moon shots

Highlighted
First Poster

We all have probably seen those awesome moon shots taken by Huawei P30 Pro. I have to say I am disapointed with my S20 Ultra's space zoom. You would think that with this you could capture at least something similar than with Huawei but no. All I get is blurry, smushy photos of some bright object. This is just sad. The camera focuses ok and the details are there but when I shoot every detail almost disappears and gets blurred. The only way I managed to get a somewhat decent shot was to use the screen capture app and record the moment the camera focuses into the moon. Then later I just paused the video and took a screen picture. So the technology is there. Why is it not possible? Attached my poor moon picture to show what I mean by blurred and out of focus moon details.

20200408_002424.jpg

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Same problem here. Picture is better before I take the actual photo. It comes down to shutter speed, guess what we can't access that in normal photo mode. Vice versa, pro mode has no 100x zoom. Its messed up for a "photography changing phone"
Highlighted

Using normal shootingUsing normal shooting

Using "Burst shooting" (swipe down on the shutter)Using "Burst shooting" (swipe down on the shutter)

Highlighted

The speed on the Exynos makes little to no difference. Still not what was promised.Burst image !Burst image !

Highlighted

This I got by recording screen, pausing and taking a screenshot. 20200408_011416-01.jpeg

Highlighted
Nice hack, just doesn't justify the €1400 's..
Highlighted
Observer

I am so happy I've cancelled S20 Ultra preorder and have taken P40 Pro.photo_2020-05-07_02-15-52.jpg

Highlighted

Oh man!  im in your boots! I sold my s20 ultra after week or so and took back my old phone P40pro from the drawer. Here is my last shot, few minutes ago hand held. Love this camera and night shots 

IMG_20201030_191745.jpg

Highlighted
you do realise the p40 pro moon photos ain't real 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Highlighted
it takes the photo then grabs 1 from Google and puts it over the top of the original photo sorry to break the news.
Top Liked Authors