Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Klarna declining upgrade request

(Topic created on: 22-01-2021 05:33 PM)
GotNoJams
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I've been trying to upgrade to the new S21 Ultra but I keep getting declined by Klarna. This wasn't an issue when I first applied last year, what's the point of getting into this program if I can't even upgrade? Does anyone have any advice? Thanks in advance.

34 REPLIES 34
tolfreeee
Journeyman
Options
so this has just come back from Klarna, so why offer me the upgrade when Klarna says I can't. wtf is going on!

Screenshot_20210116-163409_Twitter.jpg

Imtiazlcfc4life
Journeyman
Options
of*
0 Likes
PeterMcA
First Poster
Options
Exactly the same situation for me. I don't know why they are having issues with my address since it is the same one I have used previously. Do you know if this leaves a check on our credit files? I'm afraid to try again
0 Likes
Dannnn
Journeyman
Options

Add me to the list of people being wronged by Samsung and Klarna. I've been on the upgrade programme ever since it started, and I've owned every galaxy device, but sadly that comes to an end this year because Klarna & Samsung don't care about their loyal customers. I got 2 hard searches on my credit file on the same day. Amazing. Will avoid these 2 companies like the plague from now on.

0 Likes
Dannnn
Journeyman
Options

I encourage anyone reading this thread who's in the same boat to share their experiences. Maybe they will finally do something about it. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi All,

I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. Could you please send any of our moderators from here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1716597 or myself so we can collect some information from you and passed to the right department to get this looked at and sorted?

TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

Hi

Really frustrating that I've just been declined twice by Klarna trying to upgrade through the upgrade program which has now left 2 hard searches on my credit score.

I can't understand why I've been declined as I already have a good credit score, an agreement already with klarna for my s20 which I haven't missed a payment.

I used Google chrome on my s20.

Can anyone shed some light on this and let me know your experience with upgrading.  Any successful ones and what browsers did you use and was it a handset, mac or pc?

I'd be really intrigued to find out. Thanks.

0 Likes
Wakkout
Pioneer
Options
That is shame. I gonna miss the freebies for Samsung and Klarna liability. So many people complaining since day one, and in one week Samsung has been unable to take position or step up or even release a statement. What ***** me over sayan mode is that all the people declined are loyal long time customers. So gross.
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

hello

@GotNoJams @Wakkout @TommyTizzle @Dannnn 

try this link again if will now work

https://www.samsung.com/uk/samsung-upgrade/?loginOpen=true

😍

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
TommyTizzle
Pathfinder
Options

I'VE HAD SOME SUCCESS AND WAS ACCEPTED 3RD TIME TRYING! 

It might not work for everyone but I've included a photo of step by step process which another member posted the other day. 

I was declined 2 times previously whilst trying to upgrade using my phone and Google Chrome, I've got a good credit score, never missed a payment and already have an agreement running with Klarna for the S20 i upgraded to last year and I'm only 10 months into my current agreement. I have read klarna are giving an excuse that you can only upgrade between the 12th and 16th month, that is not the case. Still have no idea why I was declined twice before but the steps I went through below worked for me and have also worked for other members too.

So I logged onto a PC as instructed and followed the steps as suggested, I used a different email to the one that is already associated with my current agreement and I MADE sure that the delivery address was the same as the billing address (not sure if it has anything to do with it but when I tried before I had a different delivery address than the billing address and got declined) 

I really hope this helps other members in being able to upgrade. I know it's a massive faff and far from ideal and I was almost going to give up but it's worth a shot right?

I really hope Samsung will cut ties with Klarna after this and it'll be a smoother process for next year!

Be really good to hear if it's worked for you too?

Good luck 🤞

Screenshot_20210121-081852_Samsung Internet.jpg

0 Likes