Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keyboard freezing after typing emojis

(Topic created on: 10-06-2020 07:53 PM)
SG1234
Journeyman
Options

I have been noticing this for at least 2 weeks or so now. It seems as though whenever I type an emoji in a message, whether that be on WhatsApp or Messenger,  the keyboard freezes and I have to wait around a minute for it to respond again.

My device is up to date and has had a few updates since I noticed the freezing issue. I have also reset the settings for the keyboard and ensured my apps are up to date.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? It is getting quite frustrating that it is taking so long to send a simple message just if I want to use an emoji

0 Likes
Go to solution
34 REPLIES 34
Julixa
First Poster
Options

Hey! I solve this problem by resetting the keyboard.

0 Likes
DagwoodUK
First Poster
Options

Perfect. I was beginning to despair with this issue on my A71. Thanks for your post which cured my issue.

lovie
First Poster
Options
iv got the S20 plus and it's the worse phone iv ever had. should have stuck with iPhone. If you change your keyboard to another like the Google keyboard it doesn't freeze. But had many more problems with this phone. i.e the battery is terrible so I suggest u go with Apple.
0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

my note 10 plus 5g keeps freezing when I'm typing text messages and also searching on Google it freezes.  I've only owned it 2months. I.always reboot my phone once a week. But this problem is so annoying. I own s10 plus and never had these problems. 

0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options

I have owned note 10 plus  5G two months and keyboard keeps freezing.  Its just started few weeks ago.  I reboot my phone once a week. But it hasn't solved this problem. 

0 Likes
Maggs1
Voyager
Options
mine is freezing in keyboard. should I uninstall updates in keyboard?
0 Likes
TweetyH
First Poster
Options

It works thank you, I can't believe i didn't think about the emoji's being the issue 

0 Likes
Marchy23
Pioneer
Options
same problem on my new A51 and thats just words and not emojis
0 Likes
BerksGS
Student
Options

Thanks for this suggestion, I have also tried and it seems to work on my A51

0 Likes
BerksGS