Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keyboard freezing after typing emojis

(Topic created on: 02-09-2020 01:23 PM)
SG1234
Journeyman
Options

I have been noticing this for at least 2 weeks or so now. It seems as though whenever I type an emoji in a message, whether that be on WhatsApp or Messenger,  the keyboard freezes and I have to wait around a minute for it to respond again.

My device is up to date and has had a few updates since I noticed the freezing issue. I have also reset the settings for the keyboard and ensured my apps are up to date.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? It is getting quite frustrating that it is taking so long to send a simple message just if I want to use an emoji

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34
sam217
Apprentice
Options

Same exact situation here even without emojis its doing it a lot!

0 Likes
mubs
First Poster
Options
I bought my Samsung s20 recently and am experiencing the same problem. What can I do?
0 Likes
WinstonDamole
First Poster
Options

my phone 📱 is s20 plus and after using emojis it freezes for a minute or two. really really annoying hope samsung could fix or i might go to other brands 

0 Likes
Amethyst7
First Poster
Options

I have a Samsung A51 and am having the same issue for any app that I use emojis in. It's really annoying!

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

I have only found one solution and that is to use a different keyboard. However, I dont like the other keyboard layouts, and shouldn't have to swap from the default Samsung keyboard.

I feel that for phones that cost as much as these do, we shouldn't have bugs like this, and if there are these bugs, they should have been found and fixed by Samsung by now. I swapped to Samsung from Apple and so far am not convinced to stay with Samsung as a brand when bugs like this are going unnoticed for so long. I understand it can be seen as a minor issue, but it isn't something that should be too much to ask for, simply a functioning keyboard that allows the user to use all the features - otherwise don't have those features.

I also don't know how to contact anyone from Samsung that can raise this to the development team to get this issue resolved. It's great having a community forum to allow people to find potential solutions to issues they have, but when they dont get picked up by anyone who can actually help resolve the issue, what's the point?

0 Likes
Leamanda97
First Poster
Options

try this

Settings > general management > language and input > on screen keyboard > Samsung keyboard > reset to default settings > reset keyboard settings

And BAM! Should start working.  Worked for me anyways

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for your response. I just tried this and unfortunately I'm still getting the freezing issue

0 Likes
Solution
Elvis20
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my S20, but maybe fixed last week: Keyboard > Settings > Smart typing > Suggest emojis = OFF

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this suggestion, I have just changed the setting and done some quick tests and it seems promising so far. I'll keep testing it over the next few days to see if it works!

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

Just a quick update. Since turning off the 'suggest emoji' option for the keyboard i haven't experienced the freezing issue after using emojis!

Thank you so much for this solution!!