Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Keyboard freezing after typing emojis

(Topic created on: 26-06-2020 05:02 PM)
SG1234
Journeyman
Options

I have been noticing this for at least 2 weeks or so now. It seems as though whenever I type an emoji in a message, whether that be on WhatsApp or Messenger,  the keyboard freezes and I have to wait around a minute for it to respond again.

My device is up to date and has had a few updates since I noticed the freezing issue. I have also reset the settings for the keyboard and ensured my apps are up to date.

Has anyone else noticed this issue? It is getting quite frustrating that it is taking so long to send a simple message just if I want to use an emoji

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you using the stock Samsung Keyboard or an alternative option  ?

Perhaps try an alternative option to see if the same happens @SG1234 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

Yes I am using the Samsung keyboard. I will try a different one and see if I get the same issue.

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Aafdal
First Poster
Options

Yes.  I have this problem . Thought if low memory issue . Deleted some and restarted . Still the problem exists with me. 

Does it still exist with your phone?

0 Likes
Stephen_James
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I'm having the same issue and having seen other discussions mentioning the same problem, all with the S20. Has only been the last couple of weeks and I've already done all the suggested steps, not sensing my phone off just yet as this seems to be a problem on a wider scale than just a handful of phones.

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

Since changing to a different keyboard I haven't had the problem. So I don't think its a memory issue. The new problem that I have is I don't like the keyboard I now have to use.

SG1234
Journeyman
Options

Changing to a different keyboard has seemed to work for me. But I don't actually like this keyboard so I am hoping that Samsung will fix the issue soon.

Yes I have seen that it mostly seems to be an issue just with the S20 range. I was hoping Samsung would have fixed the issue by now or at least have recognised it.

I don't really want to have to send my phone off if that seems to be the solution, I didn't spend this much on a phone to have silly issues like this

KCB
First Poster
Options

Hey guys, just wanted to throw out there that it's also Note 10+ users. My phone just started doing it the last couple of weeks. It's super annoying. If I want to use an emoji I have to first type out my sentences and THEN add my emoji where I originally wanted it. 

Liez3
First Poster
Options

Anyone found a solution for this yet? My samsung A51 also freezing when using emojis. Its so annoying!

0 Likes
QueenAdri
First Poster
Options

I'm also a note 10+ user and after the past few updates it seems to have gotten worse. It freezes mid sentences even without any emojis and it does it more frequently. I hope it gets resolved soon as these phones are way too expensive to have such a small, fixable issue.