Support

Open search

Has your S20 Ultra camera glass cracked?

Highlighted
Navigator

It looks like S20U's issues continue to pile on. Now with reports that the xamera glass is shattering for no reason..

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s20-ultra-design-flaw-rear-camera-glass-break/

186 REPLIES 186
Highlighted

Samsung customer ref. no. **********

Highlighted
Hello, my S20Ultra camera has just cracked and created a hole. I got the phone in May and had no issues. Tonight I was playing a game on my phone then put it down on the sofa to watch TV. when I next picked it up it had a crack in it. I never knew this was an issue with this phone and am.wondering what my next steps are. I think a trip to the Samsung store is needed to see how I proceed or what the costs will be.
Highlighted

Shattered camera glass no impact. No insurance will cover it. They claim it doesn't interfere with the working of the phone and that it is cosmetic but thats a lie because now my images show shattered lens. Two cracks right across.  Just bought this phone outright over $1500 and all I get is trash.

Highlighted

This is exactly the same as mine. I have only had the phone for 3 weeks!! Its been in a protective case since day 1. I have had smart phones from the day dot and I have never cracked a screen. I got into work this morning and thought it was a hair on my camera glass, but its a split!! To say the phone is handled with kids gloves is an understatement.

Highlighted
First Poster

Same problem here... Sudden hairline crack appeared today. Very disappointed. 

Highlighted

IMG_0007.JPGI've done exactly the same today - picked up the phone and a lovely hairline crack. Hasn't been dropped or abused it almost looks like it's either a pressure or a heat thing. Not even sure about the "scratch" that isn't a scratch at the top edge of the module either - no marks on the glass just looks like delamination. Either way, not impressed. I'm not a fan of Crapple (as I affectionately refer to the popular brand as...) but this is starting to make me wonder if I backed the wrong horse this time round...

Highlighted

I too have have been effected by the camera glass shattering randomly.

My phone was in my pocket and I took it out and just laid it on my dresser charging, 20 minutes later I reach into my pocket and cut my finger on a piece of glass. I had no idea where the glass came from in my pocket but I ended up going out to get my phone and noticed the glass was broke. So I can only assume the glass In my pocket was from the camera lens. I should add that it wasnt a bad cut, I just cleaned it so it stopped bleeding.

received_725691831400033.jpeg

Top Liked Authors