Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 Startup Sound

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 08:52 AM)
MikeTheMonster
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone know how to disable the sound the S20 makes when it starts up?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_GttBWOL
First Poster
Options

If you are still looking I got it to work using this thread   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-s20-s20-ultra/samsung-s20-plus-start-up-sounds/td-p/1...

I had to type in system UI and go from there

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MikeTheMonster ,

are you referring to the startup melody? If so, it appears that there's no option to turn off this. However, you can try the following steps to stop getting this:

1. Change the sound mode to silent from Settings> Sound and Vibration> Sound Mode> Silent.

2. Decrease or turn off off the volume of the System Sounds through Settings> Sounds and Vibration> Volume.

0 Likes
MikeTheMonster
Journeyman
Options

Hi TessM

I don't really want to use your first option because it means remembering to put the phone on silent before I turn it off at night and turning it on again after I've started in the morning.

Your second option doesn't work! I tried it. The sys vol is on zero but it still makes the startup melody.

TessM
Mastermind
Options

That means that the only way to stop this is by setting the phone to mute then @MikeTheMonster. If you would like you can try the Temporary Mute options found from Settings> Sounds and vibration> Temporary mute or the Mute for (select time) .

0 Likes
MikeTheMonster
Journeyman
Options

@TessM My phone doesn't have either of these options

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

That is strange as they are showing on our simulator: http://lcx.me/?Foxuc

Can you confirm where are you based?

0 Likes
MikeTheMonster
Journeyman
Options

I'm based in the UK

The model, from my invoice, is SM-G981BZADEUA.

I even searched for these settings in case they are somewhere else, but could not find anything.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@MikeTheMonster: Sadly there isn't a native option to disable the start up melody when booting up your phone. Some users have reported that turning the System Volume down to zero worked for them, but I can see that you have already tried that without success. Although I can't recommend any third party apps specifically, you may wish to check the Google Play Store for an app that mutes the phone upon shutdown. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
0 Likes
Woodstar
Pioneer
Options
If only, I've tried it all and nothing so far, bizarre really because you can apparently on the Note 10. This one issue really does my head in, I've posted the same thing twice and got nothing back 😡😡
Solution
Members_GttBWOL
First Poster
Options

If you are still looking I got it to work using this thread   https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-s20-s20-ultra/samsung-s20-plus-start-up-sounds/td-p/1...

I had to type in system UI and go from there