Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerprint sensor

(Topic created on: 27-07-2020 05:09 PM)
maverick22
Navigator
Options
Who else hates the fingerprint sensor. Utter useless feature.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jasonseery 

A couple of tips I picked up when setting up the finger prints are.

When setting up take x3 scans with each thumb and then rotate the phone around when taking further prints of each thumb so your phone can read both thumbs from the same finger print scan. Scan your prints as you would normally hold the phone.

Also using two fingers when setting up one fingerprint works pretty well.

Go into Settings . Biometrics and Security.  Biometrics Preferences . Turn Off Screen Transition Effect.

Then go into Settings and search for Optomise Battery Usage. Tap in Optimise  Battey Usage  tap to show All and scroll down to com.samsung.android.biom and toggle Off

For me this improved the fps on my Note 10+ 5G which I appreciate is a different model to yours but should be the same outcome- hopefully.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
I did hate it myself but if you register the same finger a few times and do your finger at the very edges of the sensor it works very well I literally just about tap the sensor now and it works, I hated it before that, saying that I've no screen protector on it, I couldn't open it with one on properly
0 Likes
maverick22
Navigator
Options

Thanks for the tip i will give that a try, hopefully it does improve.

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jasonseery 

A couple of tips I picked up when setting up the finger prints are.

When setting up take x3 scans with each thumb and then rotate the phone around when taking further prints of each thumb so your phone can read both thumbs from the same finger print scan. Scan your prints as you would normally hold the phone.

Also using two fingers when setting up one fingerprint works pretty well.

Go into Settings . Biometrics and Security.  Biometrics Preferences . Turn Off Screen Transition Effect.

Then go into Settings and search for Optomise Battery Usage. Tap in Optimise  Battey Usage  tap to show All and scroll down to com.samsung.android.biom and toggle Off

For me this improved the fps on my Note 10+ 5G which I appreciate is a different model to yours but should be the same outcome- hopefully.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
@BandOfBrothers I changed them settings there and its even faster again, thank you good tips
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

you also need to get used to it and how to put the finger correctly it can require few months

0 Likes
fredphoesh
Pioneer
Options

Don't upgrade to the S21ultra if you live outside of the USA because the Exynos 2100 chip has the same old rubbish fingerprint scanner as my note 10+

IT IS TERRIBLE!!! See the YouTube video I made to show it took me about 100 tries to add my left thumb, then it failed. VERY BAD Samsung!!! https://youtu.be/4Mp8ECNUpgQ  

Certainly the Exynos version is very bad... same as the Note 10+ I have. This is DEFINITELY NOT an ultra-sonic fingerprint scanner in the Exynos. Maybe the Qualcomm version is great, but this is extremely disappointing and is the reason I returned my Galaxy S20, Galaxy Note 20 Ultra upgrades after a few days, and now it looks like I will be returning this phone. It is not a substantive upgrade on my Note10+, the same annoyances.