Support

Open search

Exynos Vs Snapdragon

Highlighted
Apprentice

Anyone else feeling kinda cheated here? The snapdragon variant is clearly superior and I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth. I reached out to Samsung about the possibility of getting it replaced lol they said no as you would imagine.

Just wondering if anyone else feels the same.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Pathfinder

In the german thread - 23 pages about this issue. People are really angry and disappointed, feeling they're getting an inferior product for the same or even higher price:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20-S20-S20-Ultra-5G/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-Serie-mit-SNAPDRA...

Highlighted
Apprentice

Unfortunatly, it's not just a 'feeling', it's the sad truth.

Because Exynos 990 uses older generation CPU Cortex-A76, while Snapdragon 865 is based on the new Cortex-A77, more effecient!

It's why Exynos overheats and throttles so much and ruins the sustained performance...

When even Samsung chooses to sell the Snapdragon variant in their own country for the first time, instead of their home made chip Exynos , it's laughable...

Highlighted

@Reflex77 wrote:

Because Exynos 990 uses older generation CPU Cortex-A76, while Snapdragon 865 is based on the new Cortex-A77, more effecient!

It's why Exynos overheats and throttles so much and ruins the sustained performance...

When even Samsung chooses to sell the Snapdragon variant in their own country for the first time, instead of their home made chip Exynos , it's laughable...

@Reflex77 wrote:

Seriously? That's completely unfair. We're paying for the same product and yet we receive something inferior, is there anything we can do about it? 

Highlighted

Stop buying Samsung phones. They save a lot of money using their own crappy processor, so they'll do it as long as they can sell them.

And it's not the ARM cores (even though they're older than the ones in the snapdragon), it's those ***** Mongoose cores that suck battery and get hot. Twice the power usage and half the processing power doing intensive tasks.

You can read everything about it here:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15603/the-samsung-galaxy-s20-s20-ultra-exynos-snapdragon-review-megal...

Highlighted
I need to return this phone F!#@ing ASAP.
Observer

Samsung are going to do nothing to address this issue. 

Highlighted

the fact that the 990 uses a76 instead of a77 is the only argument you can't use to say it is slower than the 865. Re inform yourselves

Archer
Highlighted
Navigator
its the one thing i hate about samsung phones in the uk. we get eyxnos and when i had family from america come i was jealous how they can get 40 hours on their phone and no lags full gaming etc. .when me and 2 friends are on exynos and up to 11 hours max, with phones that BURN your hands watching 30 mins of netflix or gaming. .

however apparently our photos were a bit sharper then the snapdragon one, and even though i love clear photos, i would rather have a phone not overheating, MASSIVE battery drains etc.

either way, my new s20+ is 3 times better then my s9 so far.. but time will only tell! - battery drain so far during smart switch transfer (s9+ start 84% now 63% in half hour - S20+ started 98% now 87% in half hour .. its got 17 mins left to transfer - should started them both same battery level to test it really lol)

Other Devices:
- (Possible Samsung Active Watch from the offer with s20+ once claim goes through)
- S6 32GB as spare emergency phone (If I don’t sell my s9+)
- Galaxy Tab A 10 Inch 16gb (rubbish but I got it free 2 years back – its ok to watch tv in bed)
Highlighted

Yep iv had note 8 s8 s8+ s9+ note 10+ 5g and now have the fold and i see the difference with the fold snapdragon compared to samsung exenoss

Top Liked Authors