Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Dust under glass screen protector S20

(Topic created on: 21-08-2020 03:48 AM)
Kalangadoo
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I'm having major trouble with dust getting under my glass screen protector on S20. Within a day of pouring a new one on there will be dust specks under it. I work on a farm so relatively dirty job. Leaving the screen protector off is not really an option as my phone gets knocked and scraped in day to day life on the farm. 

Does anyone have this problem? Or know of a brand of screen protector that is better? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Which brand screen protector are you using @Kalangadoo  ?

Some adhere to the phone via silicone that is just around the edges which can allow dust in if those slim pieces of silicone strips fail.

Personally I choose to use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector.

This protector adheres to the phone by using silicone that spreads 100% all over the screen and then uses a Uv Light cradle to cure the silicone all over.

Dust simply can't get in after curing.

Obviously great care needs to be carried out to remove any dust before fitting the protector. 

This version isn't the cheapest but it's the best on the market currently in my personal opinion.

It also allows full access to the sonic fingerprint.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Kalangadoo
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for replying @bandofbrothers. I've had two from Telstra, which is our telecommunications provider, and one from Amazon which I can't remember the brand of. All three had adhesive over the whole screen. The guy in the Telstra Shop said it was because of the curved edges on the screen of the phone. But i wasn't so sure how that would affect it

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm not sure how curved edges could be attributed to have dust issues under the screen protector to be honest @Kalangadoo 

I take great care to ensure no dust is present when fitting the Whitestone Dome and no dust had entered after fitting and curing the silicone. 

Kalangadoo
Apprentice
Options

Hi @bandofbrothers, just wanted to say thanks for your help. I got a similar (and a bit cheaper) product called amfilm to what you suggested. Just wanted to try out our before forking out for a whitestone protector. Been on for 3 weeks and so far has fixed the problem. So thanks very much for your help

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @Kalangadoo 

I'm glad you found your own product to try and it's doing the job for you.

0 Likes