Support

Open search

Disappointing battery S20

Highlighted
Observer
So here's the thing, I'm on day 2 with my S20 and the battery life is really bumming me out. I've moved from a Huawei P20 which delivered a day and a bit, no problem to a phone that feels like it's pre-2010 in terms of power consumption. I've switched a number of notifications off and put loads of bloatware in the sleep and deep sleep lists but I'm still not convinced.

Is there something I'm missing? What eats the power on these phones?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers all.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Explorer

give it 5 days to learn your usage, and check for the last update 

Highlighted
Superuser I
Superuser I

Hi @ALSY 

Check in your Device Care to see what's predominantly using the battery and as said let the phone learn your usage habits. 

A phone battery does not hit optimum output until it's been charged and discharged a few times.

Are you using the Exynos or Snapdragon chipset varient  ?

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone ~

Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G SM-9820 _256Gb SnapDragon 865+

Samsung One Ui 2.5/ Android 10.

Highlighted
Explorer

So many threads on this already. Well documented .

why buy a phone before reading reviews first.

Exynos battery and over heating on s20 range is being discussed all over the place. If your not happy with the battery life return it now while you still can. It won’t get much better unless you disable half the phones features.

Samsung S20 Ultra 5g 512gb (returned to EE)
Samsung Galaxy watch 4g 42mm
Samsung Buds+
Highlighted
Apprentice

Are you using 120 refresh rate ?

Highlighted
Hi, nope, I've got it running at 60. If I turn off adaptive battery and set the mode to Medium (which dials down the processor, I think?), I get a healthy 24-29 hours. If seems a shame to have the capabilities but not the battery stamina.
Highlighted
Why buy a phone before reading the reviews? That's quite an assumption on your part. The problem with the Web these days is that there are reviews for all positions, so it's not actually a terribly useful past time – I'm sure if you looked hard enough, you could find a review that says breathing isn't the way forward.

I like the phone just fine, just looking for advice on how to get the most out of it, not criticism.
Highlighted
Ok, cheers. I'll leave it on Adaptive for a few days and see how things progress. Thanks for your input. 🙂
Highlighted

It won't make a difference,  I've been using it for 10 days now and still the same shifty battery, very disappointed 

Top Liked Authors