Support

Open search

Changing app notification sounds

Highlighted
Apprentice

I just upgraded from a 7 Edge to an S20.  I used to be able to assign different sounds to different apps so I could differentiate between notifications without having to look at my phone.  I cannot figure out how to do it on the S20.  I cannot stand having the same sound for every single notification. Anyone know how to change this?  Thanks. 

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Helping Hand

1 settings 

2 apps

3 select app you wish to change the sound on

4 notifications

5 under categories find the notification you wish to change. Then press the left hand side of the option you want to change the sound, opposite from the on/off switch

6 select from system media or a file manager of your choice. (Only a few file managers work for selecting sounds, i had to test a few before i found one on Google play store that worked.)Press Left side where text is located "mail from people"Press Left side where text is located "mail from people"

Make sure silent in off and you selected soundMake sure silent in off and you selected sound

Click the word sound to updateClick the word sound to update

Complete your choice with media storage or a download file explorerComplete your choice with media storage or a download file explorer

Highlighted

YES!!!

Thank you AntS! This has been working for me! Thank you so much for getting this figured out!

Highlighted

Thank you, thank you! Finally an answer

Highlighted

Thanks for your help! It worked very well!

Highlighted
First Poster

Got there in the end, combination of the above. If you have Zedge you can save a sound as a favourite (heart symbol) and choose Zedge from the app setting, once you have set it as a sound it appears with all the sounds. They don't make it easy!

Highlighted

Labeille, rather than project your snarky comment it would be most helpful for you explaining to the OP where Notification sound is. This forum is for helping folks not slamming folks looking for help. As you stated “before you waste people’s time...” maybe you should have given your comment more thought. Remember, just because you know something does not mean everyone should nor does. Truly, it is my hope my comment helps you with your future comments being more positive, courteous, respectful, and helpful. Cordially, RicD

Highlighted

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen. It is a waste of time when the solution offered does not apply to the S20

Highlighted

This forum is not a hot kitchen, it is a place folks humbly ask for assistance. True, maybe not all answers may be correct, however to the person answering in their mind they were being helpful with as much knowledge as they had. This forum is not a place for you to denigrate their answer; recall your mother saying “if you cannot say anything nice do not say anything”. Your proper response should have been politely answering the question with the appropriate instructions, truly it would help everyone.

Cordially and respectfully submitted.

Highlighted
Apprentice

We are not being raised by mom here. This is the real world. As you point out, this forum is for people to get help. If anyone writes anything without checking their facts first, they simply waste everyone's time.

Highlighted

Totally False

Top Liked Authors