Support

Open search

Changing app notification sounds

Highlighted
Apprentice

I just upgraded from a 7 Edge to an S20.  I used to be able to assign different sounds to different apps so I could differentiate between notifications without having to look at my phone.  I cannot figure out how to do it on the S20.  I cannot stand having the same sound for every single notification. Anyone know how to change this?  Thanks. 

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
@kafunk4: You can apply individual notification sounds to apps by going to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app from the list > Notifications > Notification Sound. Different apps have different notification options, so have a play around to see what options are available to you.
Highlighted

There is not a "notification sound" option on the S20.Screenshot_20200407-170731_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

Also, I would rather the phone use the Apps alert sounds.   Like Life 360 or ESPN for example have it's own alert sounds.  Is there a way for me to allow it to play the sounds affiliated with the App

Highlighted

No such thing as "Notification Sound" in the Galaxy S20. :thinking-face:

I would suggest that you make sure that your info is accurate before you waste people's time by giving garbage.:shocked-face-with-exploding-head:

Highlighted

ok I have figured it out.  Start in settings. Go to notifications (photo) or apps.  Go to preferred app.  Then go to "Device Level Notifications " and in there you will see the spot to change to sound for the app.  20200627_193705.jpg

20200627_193623.jpg

20200627_193606.jpg

Highlighted

No help. There is no Notification Sound under Notifications.

Highlighted
no finding this on my S20 either
Highlighted

Hi guys,

Just to expand on what AndrewL said above (and hopefully help out any confusion!): different apps will have different Notification options; so this will be one of those things where you’ll need to explore all of the Notification options you’ve got for a specific app to see which options/categories you can change the sound on.

For example, in Settings > Notifications > See all > Spotify, on my UK S10 BTU on the latest One UI 2.1 version:

Screenshot_20200703-152054_Settings (Custom).jpg

Going into that Playback category:

Screenshot_20200703-152045_Settings (Custom).jpg

Screenshot_20200703-154238_Media Storage (Custom).jpg

And Spotify Music category:

Screenshot_20200703-153945_Settings (Custom).jpg

(With the same sound options to choose from as above.)

That's not always going to be the same for other apps though.

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Highlighted

In the S20 Plus, the sound is under "Other Notifications" for each app...

Top Liked Authors