Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera change green to blue

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 09:53 PM)
Daniel19831983
Explorer
Options

Today I noticed that my green shirt comes out blue in the picture. All the other green stuff I came across did come out green. At home, I also found a green sweater that goes out blue. When I zoom in it is green and when zoom out a it turns blue. I tried 3 more othet Samsung models , 2 did not distort but the third did.

Why is this happening?

I don't use filters.20200529_200147.jpg

20200529_200420.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Looking from the 2 pictures of correct and wrong it looks like that the problem is due to the phone trying to adjust the white balance and not completely get that color wrong at the same time which results in that blue greenish tint instead of green.

I would not worry about that too much it probably is not faulty hardware

0 Likes
TMVFT
First Poster
Options

I have same problem just recently.  I want it fixed. I take photos all the time and the colors all wrong.

0 Likes
Boo6
First Poster
Options
I have galaxy a12 but it doesn't have option of white balance. my blue and greens are off as well. disappointing it's a good camera apart from that one let down.
0 Likes
TunaNugget
First Poster
Options

I have this problem on every camera I have available, as well my phones and a scanner.  White balance and color calibration doesn't help.

I'm guessing it's because they all use the same fundamental technology to capture the image.

It's a problem for me, because I'm trying to take pictures of artwork with a lot of blue-greens. So far, I've had to fix it in post by bumping up the reds and greens. I'm sure that professional film colorists are familiar with this and know how to deal with it, but I haven't found a discussion yet.

0 Likes
Amanda29
First Poster
Options

This has never been a problem on any other Samsung Galaxy phone before. It's also not a problem for my sister's iPhone 13 when we stand next to each other and take a photo of the same thing and hers looks like it's supposed to and my colors are completely off. I take photos of hair color every day for my business. There is something very wrong with the Galaxy camera now, and it is a big deal. 

0 Likes