Support

Open search

Caller display

Highlighted
SOLVED
Why do some calls from people not in my contacts display a name along with the number? When I look at the call log it says 'smart' what does this mean?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

@AnfyFitz: This is due to the Caller ID and Spam Protection feature in the Phone app, which displays the details of callers who aren't in your contact list. If you would like to disable this feature please open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and Spam Protection > Toggle the switch off. I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

@AnfyFitz: This is due to the Caller ID and Spam Protection feature in the Phone app, which displays the details of callers who aren't in your contact list. If you would like to disable this feature please open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Caller ID and Spam Protection > Toggle the switch off. I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
First Poster
Samsung S20 range have hiya call ID and spam blocking app built into the calling app you can set spamm blocking in call settings, smart means the call has been identified.
Highlighted
Thank you
Highlighted
I turned this feature on and then made a call to another phone, it brought up my number but not my name. The feature was also enabled on the receiving phone... any idea why my name wasn't displayed?
Highlighted

@AnfyFitz: In Caller ID and Spam Protection, please enable Share Name And Number. Also, go back, scroll down to Supplementary Services > Show My Caller ID > Network Default. 

Top Liked Authors