Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Battery drains from 15% while charging

(Topic created on: 29-08-2020 11:15 AM)
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Hi all,
I've been experiencing something weird with my S20 ultra (unlocked, Exynos), when I reach 15% battery level, the battery drops rapidly (1%/10sec) even while plugged in a Samsung charger!
The battery reqched 0%, stays like that for 30sec or so (first time I see a phone showing actually 0% too), then shuts down. Once off, the phone then charges fine and when at 100%, battery seems ok (until reaching 15%). Overall battery usage is then normal (not great but similar to when it was new, which I received around March).

Have anyone experienced the same issue? This is really weird but it seems repeatable. I even managed to do a screen recording while it happened the last time.

I think the weirdest part is the fact that the phone drains and shutdown while super fast charging is active.

Anybody able to try this with theirs or seen that happening already?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's weird @Juli3n 

Perhaps try as a last resort a factory reset after backing up and removing any relevant Sd card.

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
Yes I spoke to a customer support guy earlier and they never seen that before and suggested a factory reset, which I did. Funny enough I also received the latest One UI 2.5 update also after that so I'm hoping this has sorted the problem but I've not dropped below 15% yet. I'll update when I get to 15%>
0 Likes
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
A factory reset and/or the one UI 2.5 update seems to have fixed the issue.
blaCrow
Apprentice
Options

I'm facing the exact same issue but with a much older device (Note 8).

So I'm not sure if this is due to reduced life of battery or OS. The weird thing is that everything is normal until it reaches 15% and this started happening suddenly (which is against the probability of it being due to reduced lifetime).

I might as well try to reset my phone.

Thank you for this topic and updating us with results.

0 Likes