Support

Open search

4k content on samsung S20 Ultra

Highlighted

I'm having trouble streaming 4k content across all services, Netflix, YouTube, Amazon. My resolution is set properly and internet speeds are fine. I have Ultra HD streaming with Netflix  that works fine on the 4K TV in the house, 1080P you tube videos look better than 4k movies I downloaded from Amazon video. Is this an issue with the providers or is this a software issue with Samsung? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
@MrDTheBoss: If you have been to Settings > Display > Resolution, and have set this to WQHD+ (3200x1440), then it might be worth checking the in app settings for Netflix, Amazon etc to see if there are any playback quality options you can adjust. Not all content on these sites is 4K ready, so it's worth keeping that in mind.
Highlighted

Hi I have s20+ and screen resolution is the same =3200x1440. In netflix it told me I can use 1080p and this is how it shows. Next level up is 4K but we dont have that display resolutuon in phones.

Highlighted

I downloaded a 4k version of Gemini Man to my memory card and it played it with no problems but if I stream 4k it can't handle it??? That makes absolutely no sense. VUDU doesn't recognize the device as 4k only 1080p tops. The same goes with Netflix, Amazon, Hulu & Disney+. How can we shoot 8K on the device, watch 8K on the device but not stream and/or download 4k onto the device from those sites?? It makes ZERO sense

Top Liked Authors