Support

Open search

120hz in WQHD+

Highlighted
Navigator

When will samsung push out the update and allow us to use 120 hz in 3200x1440 ? Its a huge difference really smooth but just can't make myself change to 1080p I can see the difference but want 120hz I don't care about battery I can charge any time this would make the s20 the perfect phone.

S20 Ultra 5G 512GB
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted

You can actually with the software forcing , thats why this app was made.  Been using it for a while now wqhd+ at 120hz  and everything works fine. Im not compromising on anything.

Highlighted

@PAnonemous wrote:

You can actually with the software forcing , thats why this app was made.  Been using it for a while now wqhd+ at 120hz  and everything works fine. Im not compromising on anything.

You are compromising on colour fidelity. There is not enough bandwidth it isbphysically impossible to force 120 at 2k and not compromise on colours since the chip has not bandwidth

Archer
Highlighted

And yet it works :smiling-face:  rooted it aswell to take closer look at refreshrate and resolution all checks out. 

Compared to my other s20 and colors look identical to my eyes.  Maybe under the hood they arent but to the eye they are and that is what matters

Highlighted

You are compressing data or either losing srgb space, however if you do not notice it and the tradeoff is fine for you that is a good compromise

Archer
Highlighted

ok 

how did you do it 

ROOTING - APP - or natively 

??

Highlighted

At least 120hz in Wqhd when the phone is charging,  would be great

Highlighted

So tell me what app are you using to to force the 120hz wqhd+? I have had so many issues hopefully this can solve some. have you had an issue with the default samsung keyboard freezing? I had to download a different one called neon led keyboard it works flawlessly.

Highlighted
How did you force 120Hz & WQHD+? Could you provide a quick tutorial?
Top Liked Authors