Support

Open search

WhatsApp Calls Not Working While Data Saver On

Highlighted
Apprentice

I am using a Samsung Galaxy S10. After the latest update on December 22, 2019 My phone is behaving weird. I cannot use WhasApp calls while on Mobile Data. I tried everything to resolve and after a week now, I tried resetting the Network options and it worked. As soon as I enable Data Saver On, it will stop working again. I even exempted WhatsApp for Datasaver, but it doesn't work Version: G973WVLU2CSKO It also had issues with Camera settings and that is a different story.

• OS

19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted

Hi @Sharath 

Could you try a soft reset of the phone to see if that helps at all? This will stop all processes running and give the phone a fresh start. To do this, press and hold the 'Power' and 'Volume Down' buttons until the phone restarts.

Highlighted

Soft reset of a phone is the basic troubleshooting that any one will do first.

I also performed changing lots of the permissions for app and related to mobile data. 

As mentioned in my initial post its issue with Data Saver setting. It works perfect if Data Saver is off. While On it doesn't work even if WhatsApp is allowed while Data Saver On.

Wifi doesn't have any issues and this is happening on both of my Samsung S10 devices all together after the latest update. 

Before the update it worked perfectly. 

Highlighted
First Poster
I am facing the same issue as well!!
Highlighted
Hi @Favas. Did you also start experiencing this after you applied the latest update on your phone? Just to confirm, are you using a Galaxy S10, or a different phone model? Is the Whatsapp app running on the latest version? Let's try uninstalling the app from the phone, power off the phone for 20 seconds, install the app, and then go through set up. If you haven't backed up the data on the app, please carry this out before going through the other steps.

Highlighted
Hi Asad,

I have 2 S10 phones and this is happening on both of them after latest update.
Highlighted
Any update on this?
Highlighted
Hi @Sharath. Please try going through the steps I sent earlier to @Favas. After you've done this, monitor your phones for a few hour, and then let us know how you get on.
Highlighted

I have a S10 5G same.issue once data saver is off, WhatsApp call works.

It says cellular network prevent WhatsApp calls.

Another issue, Facebook launch page is distorted sometimes..No idea why.

Highlighted
Hi Asad,

I already tried it and as I said issue is with Data Saver option preventing the calls.
Top Liked Authors