Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

What is the best camera setting for taking photos of fast moving objects ?

(Topic created on: 11-07-2019 01:50 PM)
Markp41
Journeyman
Options

Hi all, 

Took the kids Go Karting last week and could not get a single decent photo in auto mode that was in focus on S10+.  My old S8 had a sports mode and while not perfect at least took better fast action photos. What settings are people using for fast action shots ? Do I really have to faff about in Pro mode ? Advice greatly welcome 👍

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Markp41: Further to the advice offered by @Lykia, Tracking Auto Focus is a great way to keep the camera focused on moving objects. You can also go to Settings > Pictures > Hold Shutter Button To > Take Burst Shot to increase your chance of capturing the perfect shot. Hope this helps.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
You could activate in the Camera Settings "Tracking Autofocus"

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Markp41: Further to the advice offered by @Lykia, Tracking Auto Focus is a great way to keep the camera focused on moving objects. You can also go to Settings > Pictures > Hold Shutter Button To > Take Burst Shot to increase your chance of capturing the perfect shot. Hope this helps.
Markp41
Journeyman
Options
Thanks, I'll try that and see if it works.
BonnieDoll99
First Poster
Options

Mark - did you try to make the selections in your settings and get it to work on your phone so you can take action shots?

0 Likes