Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIBER big BUG!

(Topic created on: 18-02-2020 04:52 PM)
Venom7000
Voyager
Options

Ocationally I get a Viber call where I only hear the ringtone. But nothing on display. No name, notification....the screen is blank, just the ringtone. I CANT ANSWER THE CALL OR EVEN DECLINE IT. No call screen!

I get in to the viber app it just acts as if nothing new is happening. I can enter chats, settings while there is someone obviously calling me.

After 2 minutes I will simply get missed call in the call log.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Hornelson72
Apprentice
Options

You need to go to 

- settings 

- app permission 

- viber 

- see all viber permissions 

- allow call logs access

abd here you go 

View solution in context

25 REPLIES 25
AndrewL
Options
@Venom7000: That's strange. If you swipe down from the top of the screen to the bottom, is there a notification you can tap relating to incoming call? Do you have Viber open in the background at the time, or do you close it down? Next time it happens, please can you send an Error Report via the Samsung Members App (press and hold on the Members thumbnail > Error Report, and include system log data, as this will help us to identify any potential software issues that may be causing this.
0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options

Hello,

No the app is not running in the background. I try to swipe anywhere but nothing indicates that I have an incoming call.

Nothing except the ringtone.

Opening the app also yeilds nothing. It acts as if no one is trying to contact me

0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Venom7000: That's strange. If you swipe down from the top of the screen to the bottom, is there a notification you can tap relating to incoming call? Do you have Viber open in the background at the time, or do you close it down? Next time it happens, please can you send an Error Report via the Samsung Members App (press and hold on the Members thumbnail > Error Report, and include system log data, as this will help us to identify any potential software issues that may be causing this.

I have sent the report via Members app. I am yet to get an answer. To be honest I almost never get a reply from anyone for these reports. And one time they did reply they told me that they cant do anything about it.

P.s- looking at Viber reviews in Google store. There are handful of people that also have this problem. 

0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Anyone else having this bug?!
0 Likes
silent_1
Apprentice
Options

Yes!!! And it is so annoying, we have a work group on viber and i am the only one that my boss yells at because of it. Makes me regret i got this phone.

Any solution yet ?

Venom7000
Voyager
Options
I am yet to see the bug happen again. But then again I haven't been getting a lot of Viber calls lately. So who knows if its fixed.
Ive seen people in google store complaining too
0 Likes
silent_1
Apprentice
Options
Definitely not fixed. Happens every single day as i use viber frequently mainly for work. I miss my Xiaomi mi6 that i gave to my wife to get the Samsung.
0 Likes
Venom7000
Voyager
Options
Im trading in this piece of ^@$& for the next iphone gen. So help me god
Ning
First Poster
Options

Same annoying problem happening to me.  Can't answer some viber calls. It just rings and does not show the buttons to answer.  Is there a fix?