Support

Open search

Unable to connect PC to S10 phone

Highlighted
I wanted to transfer a file from my pc to my S10 phone via USB cable but it seems that my pc is not detecting my S10 phone. It only seems to charge my phone while  connected via USB but unable to access the data and files on my phone. 
What could be the problem and how can it be fixed? I would really appreciate some advice. 
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
when you initially plug your device into the computer does anything pop up on your phone?
Highlighted
No there is nothing popping up and the phone icon does not appear either.
Highlighted
nothing popping up on my pc or my phone
Highlighted
Back for More
You could use an app called "sendanywhere" if it still doesn't work. As long as both you and the pc has WiFi you can send it wirelessly. you just download the app on your phone then go to the sendanywhere website. When on the phone app you find the file and once you do it will give you a numerical code that you enter into the website on your pc then it will download. Hope this helps. Thanks
Highlighted

@Clueless1: In order to transfer files to and from your S10 to your PC, I recommend using Smart Switch. With this in mind, please follow the link below and click on 'How do I get Smart Switch on My PC or Mac' to download the relevant version. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-backup-my-smartphone-to-my-pc-or-mac/

Once installed, open Smart Switch, connect your phone using your USB cable, and you should be good to go. 

Top Liked Authors