Support

Open search

(Un)Official "Suggestion Thread" (S10 Variants, Galaxy Watch and Buds)

Highlighted
Helping Hand

Howdy

This is an unofficial thread for all suggestions for the latest Galaxy range. Although Unofficial, I have run this past SuperMod @AntS who is in constant contact with the Samung R&D team, as the current suggestion thread is a bit dated, especially with the release of the S10 line, Galaxy Watches and Buds, all within the last few months.

Please don't use this as yet another place to vent your frustrations out on various issues. Suggestions such a:

"HoW aBoUt yOu LeARn to BuILd a ProPeR FoNE"

and

"I SugGEsT yOu STick To WaShInG MaChinEs"

are not overly helpful and serve no purpose to the R&D Team or @AntS, where Comments such as:

"The Fingerprint Icon on the Lock Screen covers notifications when using Certain GoodLock Lockscreens"

We are in a lucky position here where we can get a lot off GOOD feedback to Samsung, So lets make the most of it. If this takes off and is Managable, I'll try and add everything to the Second Post Below.

93 REPLIES 93
Highlighted
Explorer

Add back the option to hide status bar in Samsung Browser.
Add back the option to change button grid in quick panel (android 10)
Add back screen battery usage in battery stats (android 10)

For future, stop removing useful features.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@AntS I will echo others in asking kindly that you work with the R&D team on software updates to the camera processing. Skin tones are way off even with beauty mode turned off entirely. I come out looking like a vampire or a doll. Details and sharpness are completely washed out in an effort to reduce noise, and zooming in creates a "watercolor" look, especially on skin or pet fur. The Google Camera ports that exist around the internet provide results that prove the hardware is there to take good quality photos - it's now down to the software team to figure out where things have gone wrong. I am not saying that the option for this heavy processing shouldn't be present - I am saying that there should be an option to tone down or limit post-processing in a manner that looks more natural.  

Secondly, if the software team can make modifications to the shutter speed on the camera app as it relates to moving objects, that would help immensely. Even something akin to the old "Sports Mode" would be appreciated. In the current status of the default camera app, taking any pictures of my active 3 month old son in any type of indoor lighting turn into a blurry mess.  

We appreciate your help.

Highlighted
Voyager

@DKowalsky2 wrote:

@AntS I will echo others in asking kindly that you work with the R&D team on software updates to the camera processing. Skin tones are way off even with beauty mode turned off entirely. I come out looking like a vampire or a doll. Details and sharpness are completely washed out in an effort to reduce noise, and zooming in creates a "watercolor" look, especially on skin or pet fur. The Google Camera ports that exist around the internet provide results that prove the hardware is there to take good quality photos - it's now down to the software team to figure out where things have gone wrong. I am not saying that the option for this heavy processing shouldn't be present - I am saying that there should be an option to tone down or limit post-processing in a manner that looks more natural.  

Secondly, if the software team can make modifications to the shutter speed on the camera app as it relates to moving objects, that would help immensely. Even something akin to the old "Sports Mode" would be appreciated. In the current status of the default camera app, taking any pictures of my active 3 month old son in any type of indoor lighting turn into a blurry mess.  

We appreciate your help.

I second this!!!

Highlighted
Pathfinder

I third this! 

The camera is almost useless! Unless you are taking pictures of statues. 

Highlighted
Explorer

It is so annoying that despite the many many posts on here about the poor quality camera software there is no recognition of this. When i replace my phone, my wife usually takes my old one but even she has told me that she does not want my S10E when i get shot of it, she hates the pictures from it, far preferring my old S8 she currently has. I will definitely never buy another Samsung product never mind phone.

Highlighted
Voyager

Ok so Samsung wont give up on forcing Bixby on us. Fine.
But if you are going to force us to use it and go as far as making a dedicated button for that, pls do the following:

1. Give her ability to do curency conversions. (I asked her how much was 352USD in EUR. She said she doesnt understand :face-with-tears-of-joy:)
  2. Better voice recognition. I pride myself on good clear English (lived almost 8 years in London). But Bixby really struggles with understanding some words or comands. No matter how slowly and clearly you say them.

So yes, make her better at speech recognition and give her ability to do exchange rates (something that Siri, Cortana and Google Assistant managed to do for 5 years now)

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

Hello,

I gave it a try for currency conversion and here it is what I experienced. If you say "How many euros are 352 US dollars?" or "How much are 352 US dollars in euros?" it works with CNBC capsule correctly. You can say also "Convert 352 US dollars in euros" and it will work as well.

The problem you faced could be up to voice recognition issues, so sending error reporting is appreciated so much.

Please follow this path Bixby Voice > more options (three dots menu) > Contact Us > Error Report. Describe your issues and then it will be better if there are some screenshot about Bixby answer and what Bixby understood (to retrieve this, swipe down Bixby answer and it will show you what Bixby understood and capsule chosen). Make "Send log data" selected and wait for the process to be completed before closing Samsung Members application.

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
:white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: Benvenuti Galaxy S20+ BTS Edition e Galaxy Buds+ BTS Edition!
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
Highlighted
Voyager

No, see she understands me and what I said. She repeats what I said "how much is 350usd in euros" or " convert 350 usd to euros"... "Convert 352 US dollars in euros" or 50 different ways to ask.
She always says the following " cannot perform this function " or "add conversion formula (pointing towards calculator).
She simply cant do exchange rates.

P.s -just tried in British pounds. Stupid thing said that "she cant find any flight 350 from British Airways"
I use her by taping the Bixby button.

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

That's weird, can you provide some screenshot here?

See you soon!

------------------------------------
EU Italian Super User II
:white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: :white-medium-star: Benvenuti Galaxy S20+ BTS Edition e Galaxy Buds+ BTS Edition!
Abbiamo bisogno di te per Bixby Voice e One UI: ti aspettiamo!
Highlighted
Voyager

Screenshot_20191215-160302_Bixby Voice.jpg

Screenshot_20191215-160132_Bixby Voice.jpg

Screenshot_20191215-160119_Bixby Voice.jpg

Screenshot_20191215-160033_Bixby Voice.jpg

See? Dumb as a brick!

Top Liked Authors