Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synced contacts

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 06:14 PM)
Bex84
Apprentice
Options

My daughter signed into her google maps on my phone (J8). I've since removed the account from my phone (I've looked through everything and it's not there) but now all my contacts are called the names of her contacts eg my husband, her dad, is called dad in my phone. How do I rectify this please its driving me insane!

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options
@Bex84: Can you confirm where you had your own contacts stored originally? The J 8 isn't a UK model, but if you confirm the current Android version by going to Settings > About Phone, I'll see what I can do to help.
Bex84
Apprentice
Options

Thankyou for replying. Its android 9 if that's what you mean (updated last week). Contacts are on my sim that I transferred to J8 when I bought it a couple of years ago

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@Bex84: No problem. If you open the Contacts app > Tap the 3 lines in the top left > All Contacts, and tap on SIM card, this will only display contacts that are stored on your SIM. Now, if you select 'Manage Contacts' at the bottom of the pop up window > Sync Contacts, and de-select the Google account (if applicable), this should resolve the issue.

It is probably worth going to Settings > Accounts and Backup > Accounts just to make sure that you have successfully removed your daughters account, as your Contacts app shouldn't be able to sync with this otherwise.
Bex84
Apprentice
Options
Spoiler
Thank you so much! It kind of solved the problem, although the google account wasnt in the contacts. I found the issue was then with my husband and my dad both being called dad in my phone. My solution was to delete one contact and then enter it again. The account has definitely been removed from the phone as I couldn't find it in the accounts. Thanks again!
0 Likes