Support

Open search

Storage issue on galaxy S10 plus

Highlighted
First Poster

I have the S10 1tb model and just out of curriosity thought id just check the storage capacity, while it confirms 1tb it also shows that i have used 91.5gb. There is 2.4gb of apps installed and nothing else. This leaves about 88gb for the operating system which doesnt seem right, anyone else having this issue ??  is this correct or faulty phone 

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

There's another menu where you can see in more detail the storage status. 

Settings - Device Care - Storage - "Storage settings" option, from the top right menu.

This finnaly helped me understand my used space, totally forgot about Knox...

Screenshot_20191228-150844_Settings.jpg

Highlighted

You might try going to gallery---pictures---then at the top mid-right there are three vertical dots. 

Click on that then empty trash, its a new feature that wasn't really brought to attention

Highlighted
Explorer

Remove as much of Bixby you can.. and the rest of the preloaded junk on the phone you dont want or need.

Highlighted

So is there a solution for that??? 

Highlighted

So did anyone find out the solution?? 

Highlighted

I think the problem is "file guardian apk", just delete the apk and the memory should be free.

Or find and empty trash from "my files"

Highlighted

I think the problem is "file guardian apk", just delete the apk and the memory should be free.

Or find and empty trash

Highlighted
First Poster

You don't need to remove the apk for File Guardian, you just need to delete the cache and data as you would other apps and has been suggested with the My Files and Camera apps in other posts about this issue. Mine was only showing 1.9GB in data, but after I deleted the cache and data it restored about 40GB of storage space to my phone. 

I had copied all the saved photos and videos from a surveillance camera to my phone from a 32GB memory card and then took them off on a computer later on, but the space was not freed by moving the files off --- it must have been File Guardian holding the space to save the files if they needed recovered. Nice feature, except when you really wanted the files deleted and the space freed up. 

I had tried all the other suggested fixes, including emptying trash or simply turning it off ... but none of those suggestions freed up the space until I decided to apply the same suggestion to File Guardian. 

Top Liked Authors