Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Since June 13th update pictures taken by 3rd party apps are too DARK (brightness issue)

(Topic created on: 12-09-2020 03:56 AM)
Raarrrinator
Student
Options

Hi there,

Does anyone recognize this issue?

Since the update of June 13th I've noticed that if I take a picture using 3rd party apps like whatsapp, facebook messenger or snapchat the picture comes out a lot darker then in the frame after focusing.

When you focus on a dark area, brightness is automatically corrected (increased in this case). But when I snap the picture the actual phote that is taken is a lot darker. Almost as if the levels are reset or even darkened.

If I use the Samsung camera all is like before; the picture comes out the same as when focused.

TY!

*UPDATE*

Samsung's (safety) update of July 13th didn't fix it

57 REPLIES 57
Avish08
Apprentice
Options

I received an update last night on my s10 which seems to have solved the problem. This took longer than expected to be solved...

0 Likes
Jesperr84
First Poster
Options

Didn't solve it on note 10.

0 Likes
mgz069
Apprentice
Options

Thats the same issue as me on S10e 

Still haven't received the update

0 Likes
Sshhxo
Student
Options

Note 10+ 5g UK  not working on all apps dark pics all the time!!!

Aug update did ***** all!!!

Respond Samsung??? What are u doing???

0 Likes
azamdanish
Apprentice
Options

Facing the same issue in my note 10+ since *****ing 2 months. This is very annoying. What's the use of buying so expensive phone ? Even after the August update this hasn't been solved. SAMSUNG please wake up and fix this immediately

0 Likes
azamdanish
Apprentice
Options

afterafterbeforebefore

SO ANNOYING CANT TAKE NORMAL PHOTOS AT ALL

0 Likes
CrK92
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing this problem too. It's very frustrating!

I'm currently outside with plenty of light and the 'dark filter' was applied to my snap after I had just taken a photo.

Although it's bright enough to take a photo without any extra light, I tried turning on the camera light before taking a new snap and although the camera light didn't add any light to the photo itself, it at least stopped the 'dark filter' from being applied to the photo.

Not a fix, but a temporary solution.

0 Likes
MohKraats
First Poster
Options

Here the same.

Try toggle between front and back camera just before taking the picture ....

0 Likes