Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Since June 13th update pictures taken by 3rd party apps are too DARK (brightness issue)

(Topic created on: 12-07-2020 11:34 AM)
Raarrrinator
Student
Options

Hi there,

Does anyone recognize this issue?

Since the update of June 13th I've noticed that if I take a picture using 3rd party apps like whatsapp, facebook messenger or snapchat the picture comes out a lot darker then in the frame after focusing.

When you focus on a dark area, brightness is automatically corrected (increased in this case). But when I snap the picture the actual phote that is taken is a lot darker. Almost as if the levels are reset or even darkened.

If I use the Samsung camera all is like before; the picture comes out the same as when focused.

TY!

*UPDATE*

Samsung's (safety) update of July 13th didn't fix it

57 REPLIES 57
Tricksyz
Apprentice
Options

Yep!

S10 5G and this is happening, brothers got it on the s10e also...

Hopefully they fix asap 😞

Markchr90
Journeyman
Options
Have the same problem still... 😔
Mutsers
First Poster
Options

Got the same issue! Very annoying:serious-face-with-symbols-covering-mouth: hope they fix it soon...

Avish08
Apprentice
Options
Yes omg, I have an s10 and I have the exact same problem. It happens on snapchat, instagram and whatsapp. It is very annoying. One way to counter it is to use filters on snapchat.
0 Likes
syxx18
First Poster
Options

Yeah the filters work but other than that, it's still the same. Hope they fix this issue soon.

0 Likes
Kantanos
Student
Options

I have the same problem too on my S10 Plus. It is very annoying...

0 Likes
Sindre1
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have the same problem too. Note10+ in Norway. It's very irritating indeed!!

0 Likes
originalClown
First Poster
Options
Also having this issue on my S10+ in any 3rd party app that uses the camera.
0 Likes
beagle
Explorer
Options

Yes, same issue on UK S10e.   Awful.

0 Likes