Support

Open search

Send SOS messages - Flawed activation problem

Highlighted

Users are disabling the 'Send SOS messages' because Samsung have made it too easy to accidentally activate it.  

People have realised that when they use the home button on the side of the phone to activate Bixby or PhoneCall etc by multiple presses they end up activating the SOS message routine by accident because human nature makes it easy to press the button one extra time.  

This could so easily be fixed by changing the initiation process, ie. Change the amount or pattern of button presses required.  

I (and others) suggest: -

-- The [x3] button press is restricted, I'd also say [x4] button press is too.

-- A [x5] or [x6] button press to activate SOS message routine.

-- Maybe a long press on the 5th press

-- Ability for user to customise options within a safe range

This is a much needed update and could be so easily implemented.

Please please please Samsung.. Please listen to your users (you're such a big company but you are noted for being ignorant of your customers) :face-with-rolling-eyes:

And readers please try your best to support this and reach out to Samsung to fix this, I'm sure there are other means also :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type: 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Observer
it seems that this company is determined to distroy itself without hesitation. Not listening to the users is an act of suicide.
Highlighted
yet your by saying that. Because my self I have issues. which I trying to find were for now about 2 hours going on with out getting help..
Highlighted
Observer
Personally I have given up trying to contact the "customer service ". I have started looking anywhere but towards Samsung. They just don't give a think about their customers in anyway. If you have any of their products, you are on you"r own. While the cash is being counted.
Highlighted
Mine wasn't even touched last night, it had been on the wireless charger and me asleep for about an hour when it sent out emergency messages.
I've woken up to chaos caused this morning. Even 3 consecutive calls didn't break through Do Not Disturb to wake me up to check everything was okay so there's something bigger going on.
Highlighted

Really have to fix this issue. My mom was crying n in tears in the rain trying to get to me. This is retraumatization for her because I was actually abducted a few months ago.

Highlighted
I no
Top Liked Authors