Support

Open search

Secure folder: permissions disabled by admin?

Highlighted
Superuser II
Superuser II

Hi, I was going to add MX player to Secure folder applications but I'm unable to change it's permissions. It is not only fot this applications, I'm unable to enable disabled permissions and also disable enabled permissions for all applications.

How can I fix it except removing the profile? (there is 750 000 files in the Secure folder, it's not easy to backup and restore them...

Thanks

Screenshot_20191124-153648_Settings.jpg

SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 10+ Black | Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G
Galaxy Buds | Galaxy Buds+ | Galaxy Watch 3 black 45mm
당신이 할 수없는 일을

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

When I deleted and re-created the secure folder it was working weird. It didn't asked for password or fingerprint and after restart it stopped starting so I was unable to access the data. So I did full factory reset and from that time it has been working well.

당신이 할 수없는 일을

Highlighted

Had this same issue on my S10. Apps would have access to location, files, etc. Tried a number of things without any luck. 

Only thing that worked for me was to backup my secured folder. Then I wiped the secured folder. Uninstalled samsung secure folder. Reinstalled it then logged in and began a restore of my secure folder. After it was done everything worked as normal. 

Worth a try if you dont want to factory reset your whole phone. 

Good luck

Highlighted

Too late... But I tried that with no success because the Secure folder didn't required password and after reboot it absolutly disapeared 😞 So I did FR and now is iot working well.

당신이 할 수없는 일을

Everyone who makes reset of Secure Folder using backup to Samsung Cloud should be aware of the following bug: after restoration, the metadata of your files, in particular pictures, will be deleted. Therefore, you won't be able to sort by the date picture taken, etc. The only available to you sorting option would make sense is the file name, which in my case was not an option. It is really a pity, Samsung Cloud is still a very raw product. Of course, there is no other backup option offered, so transfer your files outside of Secure Folder, then backup, delete SF, restore from cloud and move files back to SF.

It was a painful experience 😞

Highlighted

Imagine that I did that for 750 000 images...

당신이 할 수없는 일을

Top Liked Authors