Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen unlock beep

(Topic created on: 23-05-2019 04:02 PM)
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi all , in the settings I have the  screen unlock sound off but I've been getting a random beep when I unlock the screen , anyone else have this irritating issue 

Go to solution
33 REPLIES 33
Solution
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Turning off NFC cured it 

Smithlandic
Apprentice
Options

Yeah turning off NFC worked

rar4s
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem but i;ve turned the NFC off and im still getting that beep sound i'ven 3 times in a row

0 Likes
Jude525
Student
Options
Thank you so much. I just got a new wallet style case AND a new touchless credit card that I keep in it. Turned off NFC. Beep is gone. I'll see if the CC works while in the case. If not I'll put a different card in my "essentials" instead.
0 Likes
LSHG1986
First Poster
Options

Thank you so much you have saved me sending my phone back to the seller. I had no idea my card would do that. I just bought the s8. I know I am late on that one. The card never did the beep thing on my previous phone. Not a Samsung phone. You have also saved me pulling my hair out. Sk a big thank you again. Now got to either find a new home for the card or switch the thing off 

0 Likes
bruto617
First Poster
Options

@Edgie70 wrote:

Hi all , in the settings I have the  screen unlock sound off but I've been getting a random beep when I unlock the screen , anyone else have this irritating issue 

0 Likes
ColeT-43
First Poster
Options

It seems to be linked to NFC. I have my bank card in my S6 phone case whilst i wait to go buy a new wallet. Turned on my NFC yesterday to link up to my mates pc. I did a little testing. If you have a bank card in your case remove it and turn on NFC. Should stop. You'll be able to put your card where it was

Jude525
Student
Options

If you take a moment to read the thread, you will see that everyone (as far as I have seen) has attributed this to the phone being too close to an NFC credit card. Especially if your phone has a wallet style case.

If you have checked this and still have a problem, feel free to respond with clarification on that. Thanks.

0 Likes
Arich1990
First Poster
Options

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

0 Likes
albertacowboy59
First Poster
Options

Do you have a credit card in your case?

0 Likes