Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Trade-In

(Topic created on: 15-03-2019 10:20 PM)
James2019
Journeyman
Options

Hi all,

Did anyone else use the trade-in option when buying the Galaxy S10 only for them to tell you that MTR Group Ltd found a fault with your old device that wasn't there before you had sent it in.

I used so much packaging (bubble wrap, parcel tape etc.) to make sure nothing would happen with the phone and they have the audacity to say that I now have to pay an excess of £25.00.

My other option was to have the old device back and to then pay the £200.00 difference.

Really not happy as I've been a Samsung customer for nealy 15 years!

James

23 REPLIES 23
Chrisballinger
Pioneer
Options

I've given up chasing them, you can NEVER get someone on the phone, the live chat agents cannot type/speak proper English and never give you a straight answer... same with the emails, polite don't get me wrong however their staff would make good politicians

If they want their S8+ they can send me the package that I require, its their responsibility. until then I'm not worrying anymore, I've spent enough of my time chasing them now. 

0 Likes
James2019
Journeyman
Options

I agree with you.

Their customer service is absolutely awful!

You'd think they'd reinvest in their customer service every time a new device comes out but sadly no.

I haven't had MTR Group come back to me yet about the excess charge but I have got Samsung investigating it which they said could take anywhere up to 5 days so like you I'm just going to not worry anymore.

I've spent too much time on hold trying to get hold of them and I honestly just don't have the patience anymore!

0 Likes
James2019
Journeyman
Options

Good news!

I've just had a call from Samsung and they have agreed with me that the fault wasn't mine.

They've also waived the surcharge!

Thankfully no more evenings on hold with them! 

Ash2019
First Poster
Options

I got the email today from mtr group saying they found a problem "microphone faulty - sound distorted" and they are looking a £50 excess fee. I never had any sound issues and no one reported any to me via voice calls so goodness knows what they are talking about! Couldn't believe it as my phone was in mint condition. I had pictures in case they tried some cosmetic damage nonsense but unfortunately how can I prove there was no hardware fault 😔

0 Likes
James2019
Journeyman
Options

Hi Ash,

I had no proof at all. I didn't take any photos of the phone which I instantly regretted.

Get in touch with Samsung and just be really stern with them.

At the end of the day how many people have they done this with!

They'll be turning over a tidy profit as it is. This just proves how greedy they are.

The trade in option is an absolute scam!

Wuzzybear
Pathfinder
Options

So very sorry  I hope you get ot sorted .I took mine into Samsung store and got £250 off my s10 and I paid the rest over 12 months on finance.

0 Likes
Wuzzybear
Pathfinder
Options
So sorry hope u get it sorted
0 Likes
Wuzzybear
Pathfinder
Options
Great news
0 Likes
Chrisballinger
Pioneer
Options

Still no return pack... lol 🤔

0 Likes
007-5
First Poster
Options

Hi all

yes james same has happened to me

i to used so much packaging (bubble wrap, parcel tape etc.) to make sure nothing would happen with the phone 

it was in mint condition protected with leather flip case and a Tempered glass screen protector from day 1 so not even a scratch on it

then MTR sent me a photo of a phone with a small chip on the bottom corner,which wasn't a photo of my phone but as i thought i was dealing with a Reputable company i thought i had no reason to take photo's so a BIG mistake

SO PLEASE ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO TAKE UP THIS OFFER ## PLEASE TAKE PHOTO'S ##

0 Likes