Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S10 vibrates every night at exactly 23:59 - no reason why

(Topic created on: 01-08-2020 12:04 AM)
Shearer157
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

As the topic says - phone vibrates every night at exactly 23:59, regardless of whether it's charging or not, or on do-not-disturb (or not). It's very strange and can wake me up so I would like to know how to disable it. Every day without fail. Anyone else experienced this? Any possible causes? No notifications appear when it happens, nor does the screen light up/change if it's locked.

Cheers

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I would recommend using "nice catch" by Samsung, this app will record your vibration history to allow you to see what app is causing your issue. It records more notification types like ringer mode, call mode, toast history, commercial history and screen wake up history. 

Screen wake and vibration history should find your issue.

Hope this helps

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
Hello, you could enter your device into safe mode and see if it still does it just an idea 💡
0 Likes
Solution
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I would recommend using "nice catch" by Samsung, this app will record your vibration history to allow you to see what app is causing your issue. It records more notification types like ringer mode, call mode, toast history, commercial history and screen wake up history. 

Screen wake and vibration history should find your issue.

Hope this helps

http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.goodcatch

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Were you able to figure out the source of your issue?

0 Likes
Shearer157
Apprentice
Options

hi Je655, thank you for the app suggestion. I've downloaded it and will feedback midnight tonight as to why it is vibrating. Cheers for the help

Shearer157
Apprentice
Options

So the app captured the vibration at 23:59:00, and the culprit is 'Android System'. At least I now know its not a game/app causing it, although that descriptor isn't super helpful. Could anyone offer any advice?

AndrewL
Options

@Shearer157: Can you try going to Settings > Digital Wellbeing > Wind Down, and check to see if you have it scheduled to turn on at 23:59? If so, switch off this option, or change the scheduled time to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

0 Likes
Shearer157
Apprentice
Options

Hi Andrew, thanks for the suggestion. I went to my settings and I didnt have wind down enabled. Didn't even know it was a thing!

Shearer157
Apprentice
Options

So! I think good news - I went on the settings change history on the Nice Catch app, and noticed i have a Bixby Routine set to change my phone to vibrate mode at 23:59. I've turned that off now, hopefully that was the problem! The app certainly  helped so thanks again