Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s10 auto brightness not working good

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 11:22 AM)
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

Hello

I have a samsung s10 neverlocked have updated and have the problem with auto brightness also in low light ...on my s9 worked perfect in any condition.....also in s10 even in sunlight it's very hard to archive maximum as it should....i have tested on 2 s10 they have the same problem....

- i have performed a full reset..wipe cache nothing no fix

i have notice that the phone does not have a light sensor...even if you put your finger on the front camera the auto brightness still moves .....also if you acces this *#0*# you cannot find the light sensor because it's not there like old samsung phones 

maybe it has some in display sensor or something but we need a software fix 

other are having the same problems ....

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/help/auto-brightness-guys-t3909444

39 REPLIES 39
AntS
Options

Hi all. 

Just a quick reminder to any folks experiencing the auto-brightness issue: please send error reports with log files and as much relevant info (e.g. the brightness is too dark or bright for you) via the Members app immediately/as soon as after you've noticed the issue. :thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

Members app > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

Cheers! :smiling-face:

MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

if the auto is on is should work ..but is not 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I 've had S10 for around 3 months and had issue with adaptive brightness for first time today,  brightness was pretty low earlier today.   I've had  a look at this thread and reset the Adaptive Brightness, so will see how it goes.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Having forwarded my error report to the Bugs Department,  I was informed that the issue will be resolved in an upcoming software update.  Need to see,  in my case it has been a bit better lately but still issue at times.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

hope they will fix it 

0 Likes
Timbow
First Poster
Options

I'm having the issue. 

When I toggle adaptive brightness off/on it changes to the correct level of brightness for the ambient light, but even though it knows what to change it to (as it immediately changes when the toggle is toggled) it doesn't actually change if the setting is just on.

This CANNOT be a learning thing as it doesn't change AT ALL while active,  meaning it will either burn out the screen quickly or be too dim to see,  in a variety odd situations and I'm 100% sure this is not by design,  no one would design an algorithm this way 

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

even in andoird 10 is not fixed but hope they will release a fix on this issue 

0 Likes
Sevan97
Apprentice
Options

My issue is even though i have adaptive brightness off on my s10 plus and brightness on max, the screen still is dim. The only way the screen brightness actually goes max is when i point the phone under direct sunlight. Its not supposed to do that because i have adaptive brightness off but the phone does it anyways. Its frustrating because i can not enjoy my screens vivid color in its full potential because the screen is always dim. Either they fix this or im selling this phone and getting a oneplus 7 pro or another snapdragon 855 phone

Sevan97
Apprentice
Options

i turn on high performance mode but the phone still dims itself even when i turn off adaptive brightness. The only way it actually goes max brightness is when i point the phone under direct sunlight. Its really frustrating

0 Likes
masque3000
First Poster
Options

Still an issue. Ugh!

0 Likes