Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung s10 auto brightness not working good

(Topic created on: 18-03-2019 11:22 AM)
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

Hello

I have a samsung s10 neverlocked have updated and have the problem with auto brightness also in low light ...on my s9 worked perfect in any condition.....also in s10 even in sunlight it's very hard to archive maximum as it should....i have tested on 2 s10 they have the same problem....

- i have performed a full reset..wipe cache nothing no fix

i have notice that the phone does not have a light sensor...even if you put your finger on the front camera the auto brightness still moves .....also if you acces this *#0*# you cannot find the light sensor because it's not there like old samsung phones 

maybe it has some in display sensor or something but we need a software fix 

other are having the same problems ....

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s10/help/auto-brightness-guys-t3909444

39 REPLIES 39
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

did you report this to samsung via samsung members ? more of us hope they will understand this issue and come up with a fix 

0 Likes
Kieran7
First Poster
Options

Have done. I'm trying to get a video of it. It's tricky to video another screen though.

E: hopefully you can see from this:

https://ufile.io/cxn1uq4p

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

did you see also the problem with the red if use vivid mode ? they mess up this color red....

0 Likes
MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

since G973FXXU1ASE7 the addaptive brigtness is not working good at all, it was bad but now is worse

i did tried wipe cache everything reset not fix at all ......

we need fix asap

0 Likes
Arya1999
Pioneer
Options

I'm sitting here in bright sunshine and my screen is a murky grey. It's like I'm wearing sunglasses. The brightness is turned right up. I tried using it for navigating the other day but I couldn't see the map.

0 Likes
Jinjur
Navigator
Options

I wonder have they dialled it back when outdoors to try and minimise the horrid fingerprint sensor becoming visible?

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi all.

Received an answer from the developers regarding the query about the S10's display colours I put forward for you guys (I included some of your posts in that too BTW):

• White Tone
    The white tone of S10 was changed to slightly warmer than S9 to provide a warm and comfortable color.
  • Screen Mode
    Screen mode has been simplified for S10.
    Vivid Mode - It has the native Wide Color Gamut of the OLED display. (Adaptive Display)
    Natural Mode - It provides a natural and accurate colors with Color Management. (AMOLED Cinema, AMOLED photo, Basic)
  • Resolution
    The resolution and brightness of S9 + and S10 + are equivalent levels.
    If you want a clearer screen, you can check the resolution.
    Settings - Display - Screen resolution - WQHD+
  • BlueLightFilter
    Opacity can be adjusted to the desired level in the Blue light filter menu.
    Settings - Display - Bluelightfilter - Opacity 

MirceaForce
Navigator
Options

what about adaptive birgtness is worse with the latest update why this ?

0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

@MirceaForce wrote:

what about adaptive birgtness is worse with the latest update why this ?

Dont know about update recently having adverse effects on brightness as one can always adjust manually if adaptive isnt suiting the need.

0 Likes
StellarTraveler
Helping Hand
Options

Nothing can change the transparency of the FPS in sunlight as for the FPS is directly attached to the glass.

0 Likes