Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung built in software issues (Media and Devices + Galaxy Wearable)

(Topic created on: 14-11-2019 01:03 PM)
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

Hoping someone can assist with these two issues. The first is a very long standing issue that I have had a problem with ever since I had S10+ .

1. Galaxy Wearable App (I have version 2.2.27.19083061) using with Galaxy Watch Active2 (Used to have Galaxy Watch and still had same problem)

It will not let me click on anything in the discover tab including the view more buttons... Nothing happens. Button press makes the highlight/grey animation but nothing loads. I can scroll up and down on the main discover page but that is it..

I have tried clearing cache, clearing data, repairing watches etc.

I can even click and hold the sections to move them up and down but can't go into them to view more.

Anyone seen this and know of a fix? So I basically can not view or install any apps from here.

Screenshot_20191114-130028_Watch Active2 Plugin.jpg

2. Media and devices App (Version 1.0.02.25) - It says there is an update, I can not get it to update. I click the update button, nothing happens. Tried clearing cache, data, restarting phone, turning bluetooth off, turning wifi off etc.....

Anyone shed some light?

Screenshot_20191114-125931_Media and devices.jpg

Many thanks!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Working fine on my S10+

As much as I hate saying this, try a full factory reset of the device.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Solution
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

Working fine on my S10+

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

Oh god... I was hoping I wasn't going to hear that...

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Allawish: Sorry to hear that you're having these issues. Can you try connecting to a Wi-Fi network to see if this helps, as I can see from your screen shot that you're on Mobile Data. I also recommend going to Settings > Apps > Galaxy Wearable > Appear On Top > Allowed > Change System Settings > Allowed. Then, press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Does the problem persist following these steps?
0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@WelshPaul wrote:

Working fine on my S10+

Hard reset fixed it.. Unfotunately for some reason the phone was also bugged and had not been backing up its settings, gotta reset EVERYTHING back up..... There's my evening plans sorted, lol.

0 Likes
Allawish
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
@Allawish: Sorry to hear that you're having these issues. Can you try connecting to a Wi-Fi network to see if this helps, as I can see from your screen shot that you're on Mobile Data. I also recommend going to Settings > Apps > Galaxy Wearable > Appear On Top > Allowed > Change System Settings > Allowed. Then, press the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Does the problem persist following these steps?

I had tried wifi, i took the screenshot after trying on mobile data too.

Hard reset fixed it. I think it was a bug with the galaxy store app. Maybe uninstalling and reinstalling it may have worked instead....

0 Likes