Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung & Google Pay Not Working With My S10+ UK

(Topic created on: 25-08-2019 09:17 AM)
ConnorM
Explorer
Options

Hi there all,

I've been having issues with my Samsung & Google Pay. I initially used Samsung pay and have attached my American Express credit card to (no problems). However, when I go to pay and go through all the required steps correctly to pay (swipe up, finger print, NFC on) it doesn't work. Or often, the pay picks up and beeps and then the card reader says there was an error with the payment... So, I changed my card and used Google Pay and that neither works on card machines. My old OnePlus 5T and AMEX card with Google Pay worked perfectly before so I can't understand why this won't work...

For context, my American Express card and its contactless works perfectly on these card machines when I use the physical card yet not with the Samsung and Google Pay. I've also added my Halifax card and that doesn't seem to work either. Please help!

Thank you!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @SWUK ,

we may have found a solution to this. You will need to disable the Google/Samsung Pay app in the Optimise Battery Settings. To do this head into Settings> Device care> Battery> Menu (3 dots top right)> Settings> Ensure that these apps are not set as Sleeping apps and turn off the following settings: Optimise settings and Put unused apps to sleep.

Then in the NFC settings (Settings> Connections> NFC) made sure Google/Samsung Pay is set as the default selected by clicking TAP AND PAY button and choosing one of them. 

View solution in context

10 REPLIES 10
ShaneP
Journeyman
Options

@ConnorM wrote:

Hi there all,

I've been having issues with my Samsung & Google Pay. I initially used Samsung pay and have attached my American Express credit card to (no problems). However, when I go to pay and go through all the required steps correctly to pay (swipe up, finger print, NFC on) it doesn't work. Or often, the pay usps tracking picks up and beeps and then the card reader says there was an error with the payment... So, I changed my card and used Google Pay and that neither works on card machines. My old OnePlus 5T and AMEX card with Google Pay worked perfectly before so I can't understand why this won't work...

For context, my American Express card and its contactless works perfectly on these card machines when I use the physical card yet not with the Samsung and Google Pay. I've also added my Halifax card and that doesn't seem to work either. Please help!

Thank you!

Facing  same issue here.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Shane

SWUK
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've been having the same issues as above, don't suppose you have found a resolution?

Thanks 

0 Likes
Solution
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @SWUK ,

we may have found a solution to this. You will need to disable the Google/Samsung Pay app in the Optimise Battery Settings. To do this head into Settings> Device care> Battery> Menu (3 dots top right)> Settings> Ensure that these apps are not set as Sleeping apps and turn off the following settings: Optimise settings and Put unused apps to sleep.

Then in the NFC settings (Settings> Connections> NFC) made sure Google/Samsung Pay is set as the default selected by clicking TAP AND PAY button and choosing one of them. 

S1mondd
First Poster
Options

Facing same issue as well

Ochtupus
First Poster
Options
THIS was the Resolution i was looking for. Thank you! Fixed the download pending and apps not installing issues in my S10+. Just disable the optimize battery Settings on Google play, download and payment specific apps. You might want to adjust the Filter to make all apps visible. Didn't even have to reboot. It just worked! I just registered to thank you Tessm. Vielen Dank!
0 Likes
martinw70
First Poster
Options

hi, I recently purchased purchased the s10 lite but Google pay doesn't work, I've tried all that's mentioned. Unfortunately I cannot use Samsung Pay as my bank has not signed up to it. Google Pay worked on my previous mobile (Huawei).

Any help very appreciated.

Thanks M

0 Likes
maxfaulkner1
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue after following the recommended fixes. Galaxy S10 running Android 10.

0 Likes
Kelvin661
First Poster
Options
lf I uninstall and reinstall it works for a few days but then does register when placed on the sale terminal.
It did work well until around September 2020 so I'm unsure what's changed!
Please fix this problem
0 Likes
PLANTROON
Journeyman
Options

I have payment failures with Google Pay every now and then. Half of my payments don't work on the first try. Galaxy S10e, EU Exynos version.

0 Likes