Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S9/S10 new update Autocorrect not working

(Topic created on: 19-02-2020 08:52 PM)
Absneg
Apprentice
Options
Hello, i have a  S9 phone and it was working fine. Sine January 2020 update was installed on my phone, auto correction stopped working. I have gone through the keyboard settings and ensured the relavant options are ticked off but the problem is not resolved. I also uninstalled UK English keyboard and replaced it with the USA English keyboard as indicated by another user, but still i am having the same issue. Appreciate your assistance.
Go to solution
48 REPLIES 48
Chris173
First Poster
Options

Ive tried thia several times it is still not working i have the s10 and other ideas 

0 Likes
JoeyDevine
First Poster
Options

my auto correct was greyed out so couldnt switch it on, this fixed it for me.  thank you :smiling-face:

0 Likes
myowndestiny
First Poster
Options

i found it was the keyboard so i changed to a different keyboard (think it was called Neural), then it wasn't a phone update I needed (that's prob what stuffed it in the first place) it was the Language update, so after new keyboard, I changed to an appropriate language (which then updated where it would not before. - It asked me too); and all over again must remember to go back to smart text and turn predictive text etc on again too. so to reiterate, new keyboard and new update to language (not the whole phone update)    :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Sinbin
First Poster
Options
my predictive text is not working on my S10+. it is greyed out and will not let me activate. can any one help
0 Likes
LinaV
First Poster
Options
It works. thanks
0 Likes
Jessb91
First Poster
Options

This worked for me! The rest didn't work. For others with this problem, to update your language pack you have to go to General Management> language and input> On-screen keyboard> Default Keyboard > Changed this to the second option when it asks to choose input (English UK)> Click the cog button for Samsung Keyboard Neutral Beta >Languages and Types >manage input languages (I found a different screen same as the screenshot and clicked the download button next to English but for the life of me I cannot find it again, if you follow the above instead then click the three dots in the corner and click check for updates this should do the same thing)

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

My Godness ! for one coming from iPhone  this is a jump back to Linux in the '90s...

0 Likes
JeffOYB
Journeyman
Options

Interesting. I wonder if I could somehow delete my English (US) then reinstall... if that might help. I just installed UK and then turned it off. oh well, who knows. None of the standard solutions seems to work. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

0 Likes
Bellsonline
First Poster
Options
Issue with Note9... My predictive text is repeating the word previously written. Example, if I type hello, the word is repeated as in hellohello... This happened after my last update earlier in the week! I've tried clearing the cache and data, but issue persists. Help please.
0 Likes