Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10e Stuck in Android 9

(Topic created on: 12-08-2020 12:11 PM)
MDAP1985
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I haven't received any software updates at all since I got this phone. A friend of mine found a really great promotion in Germany and got it from me. It might have had a German SIM inside it at some point but can't confirm.

Right now it shows:

MDAP1985_0-1597230559984.pngMDAP1985_1-1597230578142.png

I tried Smart Switch, it shows the phone is up to date. 

MDAP1985_2-1597230628463.png

All topics around show workarounds like do a factory reset, reset the CSC, etc. 

I would like to update to Android 10 or 11, but my main question is, why do we have to jump through so many hoops to get a simple update? It doesn't make any sense. My last security update was April 2019, it's unacceptable. 

Any ideas?

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
what happens if you click on 'Android version'm
0 Likes
ryukariotu
Voyager
Options
what happens if you click on 'Android version'?
0 Likes
MDAP1985
Journeyman
Options

Absolutely nothing, of course. Click it enough times and you get the Pie easter egg

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @MDAP1985 ,

are you able to confirm where (which region/country) are you using the phone? Have you tried to upgrade this using Smart Switch on a computer? You can try to use Smart Switch to see if there are any updates available for your phone. To do it you just need to follow these steps:

•Go to Samsung's Smart Switch website (https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/where-can-i-download-samsung-smart-switch-for-pc-o...) and download for PC or Mac.

•Install and open Smart Switch on your computer and connect your phone via its USB cable. If you haven't plugged in to your computer before, tap Allow on the pop-up on your phone to give it access. If Smart Switch doesn't recognize the phone, click the menu in Smart Switch and click Reinstall device driver then restart.

•After a few moments, your phone will be recognized by Smart Switch and you'll see several options on the main screen for backing up and restoring. You do not need to back up or restore your phone to initiate an update.

•A software check is performed when you plug in, and Smart Switch will list your current software details. If there is a software update available for your phone, you'll be notified on the main screen.

•If available, Click Update to install the latest software. It will download first to your computer, then side load to your phone.

MDAP1985
Journeyman
Options

Hello, TessM, thanks for your reply. 

I'm primarely using this phone in the UK. But I do travel back home (Portugal) from time to time.

Have tried the SmartSwitch way. It says my phone is up to date, as I provided on the screenshot. Sadly, doesn't seem to be the solution in this case. 

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Oh no, that is fine @MDAP1985 , this is only one of the options available. As the phone was purchased in Germany it may be something stopping this to show any updates available in the UK. However, our engineers should be able to get this sorted for you if you take the phone along with a valid proof of purchase to one of our Support Centres: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/service-centre/ 

MDAP1985
Journeyman
Options

That's not really an option- this was bought years ago, who knows where the proof of purchase is. I want to know why Samsung is issuing un-upgradable software, and help on how to make it upgradable again. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Issues like this can occour, the fastest and official solution if smartswitch does not work is to bring the phone to a samsung repair shop as suggested by @TessM 

Given the problem you are facing they should be able.to fix it fairly quickly and you will gain access to night mode amd other goodies introduced in the months following april 2019🙃.

0 Likes
MDAP1985
Journeyman
Options

So the solution is to take a risky 1 hour train ride to London, which has thousands of Corona cases, and then back.

I don't want to seem ungrateful for your answers but I came here looking for a solution and you're proposing just more problems. Is this the kind of support I have to expect from Samsung? Cos I'll have that under consideration when buying my next phone. 

0 Likes