Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S10 Weather widget after Android 10 update One UI 2.0 lost ability to swipe up and down to change locations

(Topic created on: 13-12-2019 01:33 PM)
Sten7981
Explorer
Options

Before the Android 10 and One UI 2.0 update I could easily see 2 locations on my weather widget just by swiping the widget up or down. And it will switch between the 2 locations or more the way I set it.

Now after I got the update, I can't do that anymore..... I have to open the weather app, and change the location manually. Even inside the app itself I can no longer swipe left or right to switch between locations.....

Why changed it? it was very convenient just to swipe up or down to switch locations...... 

Now I have 2 weather widgets on my home screen which taking space......

Bring the older feature back.......

103 REPLIES 103
Kmag427
First Poster
Options

Just got the update this morning and have the same issue. I am able to find my saved cities if I open the app and expand the hamburger menu but this is definitely a step backwards especially since the swipe that used to change the city in the weather widget now opens the seldom used search function. Very annoying. 

Toxmarz
Apprentice
Options

I just updated to Android 10 on Note10 + and now have same problem. Please  Samsung fix this. 

Hi2u_uk
Apprentice
Options

This seems to be a common issue how do we make samsung look into it and provide a solution or do they just ignore customer feedback  like this ?

GeorganneB
Journeyman
Options

This is super annoying. Why why why does Samsung make these unnecessary changes? I travel a great deal and being able to swipe between cities matters to me!

Venom7000
Voyager
Options

Solution:

Instead of us complaining here on user forum where lets face it.... no one gives a s#&$ about us. And is just a place where users try to help each other and mods yelling that everything is OK.

We can (I already do it): complain using their MEMBERS app. I already complained for several things and some devs actually replied that its noted.

Here I doubt anyone even remotely affiliated with Samsung is present

0 Likes
Hi2u_uk
Apprentice
Options

Good suggestion I have sent a members message surely someone at Samsung can design a new app 

GeorganneB
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for this. I'll also go to the members app and complain there

SushmaPandey
First Poster
Options

Yes,please bring it back please.

Hawkeye4ever
Apprentice
Options
I'm super annoyed, too. Reaches out to Samsung to see what they have to say. I can't find another widget that allows swiping between cities. 😞
0 Likes
Ounce
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same problem! Samsung please revert it back to the way it was. This new version is going backwards in usability.